« AnteriorContinuar »
T. 22. The Saviour's blood and righteousness My beauty is, my glorious dress; Thus well array'd I need not fear, When in his presence I appear. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with us all. Amen.
LITANY AT BURIALs.
LoRD, have mercy upon us.
Lord, have mercy upon us.
Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come ; thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven: give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive them that trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil; for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever: Amen. Holy Father, accept us as thy children in thy beloved Son, Jesus Christ, who came forth from thee, and came into the world, was made flesh, and dwelt among us, took on him the form of a servant, and hath redeemed us, lost and undone human creatures, from all sin and from death, with his holy and precious blood, and with his innocent suffering and dying; to the end that we should be his own, and in his kingdom live under him and serve him, in eternal righteousness, innocence, and happiness; forasmuch as he, being risen from the dead, liveth and reigneth, world without end. Amen. Therefore, blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth; yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours. Whosoever liveth and believeth in Christ, shall never die; for He is the Resurrection and the Life, and went to prepare a place for us, and will come again, and receive us unto himself, that where he is, there we may be also. Meanwhile none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself; for whether we live, we live unto the Lord, and whether we die, we die unto the Lord; whether we live therefore or die, we are the Lord's; for to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be the Lord both of the dead and living.
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ.
O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? Thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
T. 14. Now to the earth let these remains”
We poor sinners pray,
And keep us in everlasting fellowship with the church triumphant, and let us rest together in thy presence from our labours. Amen. (+ As touching children, Jesus saith, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not; for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.) We desire to depart, and to be with Christ, which is far better: we shall never taste death; and we shall attain unto the resurrection of the dead; for the body, which we shall put off, this grain of corruptibility, shall put on incorruption: our flesh shall rest in hope. The Father and the Son, who quicken whom they will, and the Spirit of Him who raised up Jesus from the dead, will also quicken these our mortal bodies, if so be that the Spirit of God hath dwelt in them. Glory be to Him who is the Resurrection and the Life. He was dead, and behold he liveth for evermore. And he that believeth in Him, though he were dead, yet shall he live. Glory be to Him in the church that waiteth for Him, and in that which is around Him, for ever and ever. Amen.
T. 79. While here, the great salvation
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with us all. Amen.
* During the singing of this verse, the corpse is committed to the grave. f To be used only at the burial of a child.
GOD’S holy word, which ne'er
shall cease, (peace,
Proclaims free pardon, grace and
Directs to Jesus and his blood, And teaches us the will of God.
2. As guilty creatures could not bear The awful voice of God to hear, By men the Spirit of the Lord Reveal’d his holy covenant word.
3. This sacred word exposes sin, Convinces us that we’re unclean; Points out the wretched, ruin’d State (great. Of all mankind, both small and
4. It also shows God’s boundless grace Towards the fallen human race, And offers life to every one Who turns in faith to his dear Son.
5. This gospel cheers the poor in heart, And heavenly riches doth impart; Sets forth the mystery of the cross, And that Christ's blood aton'd for us :6. It gathers God's elected flock, Beneath the shade of Christ the rock, Serves to instruct us and reprove, Confirms our hope, inflames our love:7. It keeps believers in the faith Of Christ and his atoming death ; Prompts us to do God's holy will, And leads us safe to Salem's hill. 8. Receive our cordial thanks, O Lord, For granting us thy holy word;