« AnteriorContinuar »
O listen to our prayer,
To meet thee us prepare
With due reverence : (feel,
No tongue can tell—what joy we
When thou, Lord, dost thyself reveal.
2. Thee to approach with awe we
May put our trust alone in thee. Countess Zinzendorf.
Accept our promises: (sion Thy death, thy wounds, and pasAbide our heart’s confession,
Till we shall see thee face to face.
C. R. v. Z. 707.4 T. 185. HEAD and Ruler of thy congre
gation, Which thou lov'st unspeakably, And to whom thou oft a deep senGiv'st of thy complacency; (sation () regard our hearts within us glow
ing, (o'erflowing, And the contrite tears our eyes While we blush with humble
shame, And adore thy holy name.
2. Jesus, great High-priest of cur profession, We in confidence draw near; (sion Condescend in mercy the confesOf our grateful hearts to hear: Thee we gladly own in every nation Head and Master of thy congregation. Conscious that in every place Thou dispensest life and grace. 3. Thy blest people, trusting in thy merit, On the earth’s extended face, From each other far, but one in spirit, Sound with one accord thy praise: May we never cease to make confession, (salvation: That thy death's the cause of our We to thee, our Head and King, Joyful Hallelujahs sing. Z.
HIGH on his everlasting throne,
3. See, where the servants of their A busy multitude, appear; (God,
For Jesus day and night employ'd,
4. Alarm'd at their successful toil,
5. Yet still the servants of their Lord
Look up, and calmly persevere;
Supported by the Master's word,
The adverse powers they scorn to fear;
Gladly their happy work pursue;
The labour of their hands is seen, Their hands the face of earth renew, Some spots at least are lively green.
6. To dig the ground they thus bestow (clod Their lives; from every soften’d They gather out the stones, and sow The immortal seed — the Word of God: (prayers, They water it with tears and They long for the returning word: Happy, if all their pains and cares Can bring forth fruit to please their Lord.
7. Jesus their work delighted sees,
8. He prospers all his servants' toils;
9. Here many faithful souls are found - (dow’d,
With power of heavenly love en
Full of the light of life, and crown'd
As kings and priests, to serve their God:
With burning zeal for Christ they shine,
Their body, soul, and spirit give,