« AnteriorContinuar »
Dr. BRADY's and Mr. TATE'S
VERSION of the PSALMS;
Together with a few
Selected from the OLD VERSION.
HYMNS and SANCTUSES,
FOR THE USE OF
ST. ANN'S CHURCH, MANCHESTER.
Let the Word of Chrift dwell in you richly in all Wisdom; teaching
To be had of J. KAY, CLERK, only,
PRINTED BY C. WHEELER, 1790.
Dr. BRADY'S and Mr. TATE'S
VERSION OF THE PSALMS, &c.
OW blefs'd is he who ne'er confents,
Nor ftands in finners' way, nor fits
2. But makes the perfect law of God
3. Like fome fair tree, which, fed by streams, With timely fruit does bend;
He ftill fhall flourish, and fuccefs
All his defigns attend,
4. For God approves the just man's ways, To happinefs they tend;
But finners, and the path they tread,
ATTEND, O earth, whilft I declare,
decree : Thou art my Son, this day, my heir, Have I begotten thee.
2. Afk and receive thy full demands,
3. Appeafe the Son with due refpect,
4. If but in part his anger rife, Who can endure the flame:
Then bleft are they whofe hope relies
TAND ye in awe of God's commands, Flee ev'ry thing that's ill: Commune in private with your hearts, And bend them to his will.
2. The place of other facrifice,
3. While worldly minds impatient grow,
4. To Father, Son, and Holy-Ghoft, The God whom we adore,
Be glory, as it was, is now,
ORD, hear the voice of my complaint,