« AnteriorContinuar »
3 Before the Day was, before the Mountains were brought forth, or ever he had formed the Earth and the World, even from Everlasting to Everlasting, he is God.
He is the First and the Last: He is Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending; which is, and which was, and which is to come.
4 His goings forth have been from of old, from Everlasting; and his Years are throughout all Generations.
w He is the living God, and stedfast for ever.
* He is the Immortal and Everlalting King; and his Throne remaineth from Generation to Generation.
y He only hath Immortality.
z The Gods that have not made the Heaven's and the Earth, even they shall perish from the Earth, and from under the Heavens; but the Lord thall endure for ever.
· His Days are not as the Days of Man; neither can the Number of his Years be searched out.
b One Day is with the Lord as a thousand Years, and a thousand Years as one Day.
UNCHANGE A BLE.
c God is the same Yesterday, to Day, and for
Ifa. 43. 13. Psal. 90. 2. + Rev. 2. 17, 18. u Micah
w Dan. 6. 26. x i Tim. 1. 17. Jer. 10. 10. Lam. s. 1.9.
Y I Tim. 6. 16. z Jer. 10. 11. a Job 10. S. Job 36. 26.
b 2 Pet. 3. S. c Heb. 13. 8. С
«He is the incorruptible God; with whom is no Variableness, neither Shadow of Turning.
• Thus faith the Lord of Horts, I am the Lord, I 'change not; I am that I ain; this is my Name for ever, and this is my Memorial. unto all Generations.
There are inderd Diversities of Operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all; whole Counsel ftandeth for ever, and the Thoughts of his Heart to all Generations.
8 Whatsvever God doth, it shall be for ever ; nothing can be put to it, nor any Thing taken from it; and God doth it that Men thould fear before him.
The Earth and the Heavens shall perish ; but thou, O Lord, remainest. They all shall wax old, as doth a Garment, and as a Vesture fhalt thou fold them up, and they fhall be changed; but thou art the same, and thy Years shall have no End.
PRESENT EVERY WHERL.
i He filleth all in all..
The Heaven, and Heaven of Heavens cannot contain thee, O God.
1 Whither shall I go from thy Spirit, O Lord? Or whither thall I fee from thy Presence? If I afcend up into Heaven, thou art there: If I'make my
Bed in Hell, behold thou art there : Ifl take the Wings of the Morning, and dwell in the utter
& Rom. J. 23. James 1. 17. e Mal. 3. 5, 6. Exod. 3. 14, 15. 1 Cor. 12. 6. Pfal. 33. 11.
8 Eccles. 3. 14. A Heb. 1. 10, 11, 12.
Pfal. 102, 27,
Eph. 3. 23. k; Kings 8. 270 ! Plal. 139. 7, 8, 9, 30.
most Parts of the Sea, even there shall thy Hand lead me, and thy Right Hand thall hold me.
Can it be said of the Lord, that he is God of the Hills, but he is not God of the Valleys ?
* Am I a God at hand, saith the Lord, and not a God afar off? Can any hide himself in secret Places, that I shall not see him ? faith the Lord. Do not I fill Heaven and Earth? saith the Lord.
The HAPPINESS of GOD.
• He is the blessed God who is for ever happy.
p In his Presence is Fulness of Joy, and at his Right Hand there are Pleasures for evermore.
4 Can a Man be profitable unto God? Or is it Gain to him that thou makest thy Way perfect? Thy Wickedness may hurt a Man as thou art, and thy Righteousness may profit the Son of Man
i but if thou finnest, what doft ihou against him? Or if thy Transgressions be multiplied, what doft thou unto him? And if thou be righteous, what givest thou him? Or what receiveth he of thy Hand?
Thy Goodness extendeth not to him.
• The Lord is a God of Knowledge and Judg.
Pfal. 139. 10. BI 1 Kings 20. 28. * Jer. 23. 23, 24. • 1 Tim. 1. II. P Pfal. 16. 11. 9 Job 22. 2, 3. Job 35. 6, 7, 8,
& Psal. 16. 2. si Sam. 2. 3. Ifa. 30. 18. C 2
+ He is perfect in Knowledge, and knoweth all Things; his Understanding is infinite."
u God is Light, and in him is no Darkness at all.
w The Spirit of God knoweth the deep Things of God.
* Known unto God are all his Works from the Beginning of the World; neither is there any Creature that is not manifest in his Sight; but all Things are naked and opened unto the Eyes of him with whom we have to do.
y He looketh to the Ends of the Earth, and feeth under the whole Heaven. The Eyes of the Lord are in every Place, beholding the Evil and the Good.
2 Hell and Destruction are before the Lord : He seeth in secret; and the Darkness hideth not from him.
· He declareth the former Things, and he sheweth Things which must be hereafter: He declareth the End from the Beginning, and from ancient Times the Things that are not yet done. He revealeth Secrets, and maketh known what fhall be in the latter Days. Times are not hidden from the Almighty.
• Behold, saith the Lord, the former Things are come to pass, and new Things do I declare. Before they spring forth, I tell you of them.
Interpretations belong to God.
Pral. 147. 3
u i John Job 36. 4. 1. John 3. 20. * A&ts 15. 1&.
Heb. 4. 13 1. 5.
w 1 Cor. 2. Il, 10. y Job 28. 24.
Mat. 6. 18. Prov. 15. 3:
Z Prov. 15. 11. a Jsa. 48. 3.
Rev. 4. 1. Pfal. 130. 12.
Isa. 46..10. b Isa. 42. g.
c Gen. 40. 8. Dan. 2. 28. Job 24. 1.
• The Lord beholdeth all the Sons of Men ; from the Place of his Habitation he looketh upon all the Inhabitants of the Earth; he considereth all their Works.
The Eyes of the Lord are always upon us, from the Beginning of the Year even unto the End of the Year.
f The Lord hearkneth and heareth, and a Book of Remembrance is written before him.
6 He knoweth our down-fitting and our uprising: He compa!Teth our Path: He counteth all our Steps: He is acquainted with all our Ways; and when we enter into our Closet, and thut our Door, he seeth us.
By him are Actions weighed; he pondereth all our Goings ; neither is there a Word in our Tongues but he knoweth it altogether.
i The Lord knowerh the Hearts of all Men; he fearcheth all Hearts, and understandeth all the Imaginations of the Thoughts: He knoweth the Things that come into our Mind; every one of them; and no Thought can be withholden from him.
* He difcerneth the Thonghts and Intents of the Heart; he understandeth our Tho!ghts afar off.
! Thou, even thou only, O God, 'knowest the Hearts of all the Children of Men.
* Thus faith the Lord, concerning Idols ; Let them shew us what shall happen ; let ihem thew
d Pral. 33. 13, 14, 15.
e. Deut.. 11. 12.
f Mal. 3: 16. & Pfal. 139. ?, 3;
Mat. 6. 6.
i Acts']:"24. h 1 Sam. 2. 3. Prov. 5. 21. Psal. 139. 4.,
k Heb. 4. 12, 1 Chron. 28. 9. Ezek. 11. 5. Pfal. 139. R. 1 1 Kings 8. 39. m Isa. 41. 22.
Job 42. 2.