« AnteriorContinuar »
2. Veffels of Mercy, Sons of Grace,
Be purg'd from every finful Stain, Be like
your Lor D; His Word embrace, Nor bear His hallow'd Name in vain.
3. For not as Fugitives that try.
By hafty Flight t'escape the Foe, Ye from the Power of Sin shall fly,
But calmly in full Triumph go. 4. The LORD shall in
appear, And lead the pompous Triumph on; His Glory shall bring up the Rear,
And perfect what His Grace begun. 5:
Behold the Servant of my Grace,
My Son shall heavenly Wisdom shew, Deal gently with the Sin-sick Race,
And minifter my Life below.
6. His mighty Arm, His high Right-Hand,
Still the Preheminence shall have, Shall bow the World to His Command,
And magnify His Power to save.
7. Vileft of all the Sons of Men
Him in His Days of Flesh they view'd, His Body mangled, torn with Pain,
His Visage marr’d with Tears and Blood.
8. The World on Him they doom'd to die,
With fresh Astonishment shall gaze, Amaz'd their Saviour to descry,
O'repower'd with His ftupendous Grace. 9. The suffering Sin-atoning God
Shall kindly raise them from their Fall, Sprinkle the Nations with His Blood,
And tell them, He hath died for All.
10. The Nations shall receive His Word,
And Kings to His Command submit, The Lords of Earth shall call Him LORD's
And lay their Crowns before His Feet.
11. Fountain of Power, when He is near
The Gods of Earth are Gods no more, Poor Guilty Worms they bow, they fear,
And fall, and filently adore.
12. Children of Wrath and Slaves of Sin
They now shall see their loft Eftate; Shall see the Blood that makes them clean
The Power that makes them truly. Great.
13. Shall now, in Jesus taught to trust,
Accept the Grace on : All bestow'd, This their Best Title, and their Boaft,
Servants of CHRIST, and Sons of God:
Whom ftill I hold, but cannot fee, My Company before is gone,
And I am left alone with Thee, With Thee all Night I mean to stay, And wrestle till the Break of Day.
2. I need not tell Thee who I am,
My Misery, or Sin declare,
Look on Thy Hands, and read it there,
3. In vain Thou struggleft to get free, I never will unloole my
Hold: Art Thou the Man that died for me?
The Secret of Thy Love unfold; Wrestling I will not let Thee go,
Till I Thy Name, Thy Nature know.
4. Wilt Thou not yet to me reveal
Thy new, unutterable Name?
To know it Now resolv'd I am.;
5. 'Tis all in vain to hold Thy Tongue,
Or touch the Hollow of my Thigh :
Out of my Arms Thou shalt not fly;
And murmur to contend so long,
When I am weak then I am strong,
I link beneath Thy weighty Hand,
I fall, and yet by Faith I stand,
8. Yield to me Now for I am weak;
But confident in Self-despair:
Speak, or Thou never hence shalt move,
2. 'Tis Love, 'tis Love! Thou diedst for Me, I hear Thy Whisper in my
Heart. The Morning breaks, the Shadows flee:
Pure UNIUERSA I Love Thou art,
Unspeakable I now receive,
I see Thee Face to Face, and live :
11. I know Thee, Saviour, who Thou art,
Jesus the feeble Sinner's Friend;
But stay, and love me to the End;
12. The Sun of Righteousness on Me
Hath rose with Healing in his Wings,
My Soul it's Life and Succour brings,
I halt, till Life's short journey end ;
On Thee alone for Strength depend,
14. Lame as I am, I take the Prey,
Hell, Earth, and Sin with Ease o'ercome ;
And as a bounding Heart fly home,
What shall I do My Saviour to praise?
So faithful and true, So plenteous in Grace! So strong to deliver So good to redeem The weakest Believer That hangs upon Him. 2. How happy the Man Whose Heart is set free, The People that can Be joyful in Thee! Their Joy is to walk in The Light of Thy Face, And ftill Rhey are talking Of Jesus's Grace.
3. Their daily Delight Shall be in Thy Name, They shall as their Right Thy Righteousness ciaim: Thy Righteousness wearing And cleans'd by Thy
5. For Jesus my LORD Is now my Defence,
6. Yes, LORD, I shall see The Bliss of Thine own, Thy Secret: to me Shall soon be made known,