« AnteriorContinuar »
26. And Methuselah lived after he begat 12. And God looked upon the earth, and, Lamech seven hundred eighty and two behold, it was corrupt, for all flesh had coryears, and begat sons and daughters: rupted his way upon the earth.
27. And all the days of Methuselah 13. And God said unto Noah, The end were nine hundred sixty and nine years: of all flesh is come before me; for the earth. and he died.
is filled with violence through them: and, 23. I And Lamech lived a hundred behold, I will destroy them with the earth. eighty and two years, and begat a son: 14. † Make thee an ark of gopher-wood;
29. And he called his name Noah, say- rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt ing. This same shall comfort us concerning pitch it within and without with pitch. our work and toil of our hands, because of 15. And this is the fashion which thou shalt the ground which the LORD hath cursed. make it of: the length of the ark shall be
30. And Lamech lived after he begat three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty Noah five hundred ninety and five years, cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits. and begat sons and daughters:
16. A window shalt thou make to the 31. And all the days of Lamech were ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; seven hundred seventy and seven years: and the door of the ark shalt thou set in and he died.
the side thereof; with lower, second, and 32. And Noah was five hundred years old: third stories shalt thou make it. and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth. 17. And, behold, I, even I, do bring a CHAP. VI.
flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy 1 The wickedness of the world, which provoked God's all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from
Grath, and coured the flood. 14 The order and form of under heaven; and every thing that is in the the art. 1. ND it came to pass, when men be- earth, shall die.
gan to multiply on the face of the 18. But with thee will I establish my earth, and daughters were born unto them, covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark,
2. That the sons of God saw the daughters thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy of men, that they were fair : and they took sons' wives with thee. them wives of all which they chose.
19. And of every living thing of all flesh, 3. And the LORD said, My Spirit shall two of every sort shalt thou bring into the not always strive with man, for that he also ark, to keep them alive with thee: they is flesh; yet his days shall be a hundred shall be male and female. and twenty years.
20. Of fowls aster their kind, and of cat4. There were giants in the earth in those tle after their kind; of every creeping thing days; and also after that, when the sons of of the earth after his kind; two of every sort God came in unto the daughters of men, shall come unto thee, to keep them alive. and they bare children to them: the same 21. And take thou unto thee of all food became mighty men, which were of old, men that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; of renown.
and it shall be for food for thee, and for them. 5. And God saw that the wickedness 22. Thus did Noah, according to all that of man was great in the earth, and that God commanded him, so did he. every imagination of the thoughts of his
CHAP. VII. heart was only evil continually.
1 Noah, with his family, and the living creatures, enter
17 The beginning and continuance of the 6. And it repented the LORD that he had
flood. made man on the earth, and it grieved him 1. ND the LORD said unto Noah, Come at his heart.
thou, and all thy house, into the ark; 7. And the LORD said, I will destroy for thee have I seen righteous before me in man, whom I have created from the face this generation. of the earth; both man and beast, and the 2. Of every clean beast thou shalt take creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for to thee by sevens, the male and his female ; i repenteth me that I have made them. and of beasts that are not clean by two
8. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the male and his female. the LORD.
3. Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the 9. These are the generations of Noah: male and the female; to keep seed alive Noah was a just man, and perfect in his upon the face of all the earth. generations, and Noah walked with God.
4. For yet seven days, and I will cause 10. And Noah begat three sons, Shem, it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty Ham, and Japheth.
nights; and every living substance that I 11. The earth also was corrupt before have made will í destroy from off the face God, and the earth was filled with violence. I of the earth.
5. And Noah did according unto all that || creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven, the LORD commanded him.
and they were destroyed from the earth: 6. And Noah was six hundred years old and Noah only remained alive, and they when the flood of waters was upon the that were with him in the ark. earth.
24. And the waters prevailed upon the 7. | And Noah went in, and his sons, and earth a hundred and fifty days. his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into
CHAP. VIII. the ark, because of the waters of the flood.1 The waters assuage. . 4 The ark resteth on Ararat. 8. Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are
18 Noah goeth forth of the ark : 20 He buildeth an altar,
and offereth sacrifice. not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing || 1. ND God remembered Noah, and that creepeth upon the earth.
every living thing, and all the cattle 9. There went in two and two unto that was with him in the ark: and God Noah into the ark, the male and the fe- || made a wind to pass over the earth, and the male, as God had commanded Noah. waters assuaged :
10. And it came to pass, after seven 2. The fountains also of the deep, and days, that the waters of the flood were upon the windows of heaven were stopped, and the earth.
the rain from heaven was restrained; 11. 1 In the six hundredth year of Noah's 3. And the waters returned from off the life, in the second month, the seventeenth earth continually: and after the end of the day of the month, the same day were all hundred and fifty days the waters were the fountains of the great deep broken up, abated. and the windows of heaven were opened. 4. And the ark rested in the seventh
12. And the rain was upon the earth month, on the seventeenth day of the month, forty days and forty nights.
upon the mountains of Ararat. 13. In the self-same day entered Noah, 5. And the waters decreased continually, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons until the tenth month: in the tenth month, of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three on the first day of the month, were the tops wives of his sons with them, into the ark; || of the mountains seen.
14. They, and every beast after his kind, 6. | And it came to pass at the end of and all the cattle after their kind, and every forty days, that Noah opened the window creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth of the ark which he had made: after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, 7. And he sent forth a raven, which every bird of every sort.
went forth to and fro, until the waters were 15. And they went in unto Noah into dried up from off the earth. the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein 8. Also he sent forth a dove from him, is the breath of life.
to see if the waters were abated from off 16. And they that went in, went in the face of the ground; male and female of all flesh, as God had 9. But the dove found no rest for the sole commanded him: and the LORD shut him in. of her foot, and she returned unto him into
17. And the flood was forty days upon the ark: for the waters were on the face the earth; and the waters increased, and of the whole earth. Then he put forth his bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto earth.
him into the ark. 18. And the waters prevailed, and were 10. And he stayed yet other seven days, increased greatly upon the earth ; and the and again he sent forth the dove out of the ark went upon the face of the waters. ark:
19. And the waters prevailed exceedingly 11. And the dove came in to him in upon the earth ; and all the high hills that the evening, and, lo, in her mouth was an were under the whole heaven, were covered. | olive-leaf pluckt off
. So Noah knew that 20. Fifteen cubits upward did the waters the waters were abated from off the earth. prevail; and the mountains were covered. 12. And he stayed yet other seven days ;
21. And all flesh died that moved upon and sent forth the dove, which returned not the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and again unto him any more. of beast, and of every creeping thing that 13. f And it came to pass, in the six huncreepeth upon the earth, and every man: dredth and first year, in the first month, the
22. All in whose nostrils was the breath first day of the month, the waters were of life, of all that was in the dry land, died. dried up from off the earth : and Noah re
23. And every living substance was de- moved the covering of the ark, and looked, stroyed, which was upon the face of the and, behold, the face of the ground was dry. ground, both man, and cattle, and the 14. And in the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month, || bring forth abundantly in the earth, and was the earth dried.
multiply therein. 15. And God spake unto Noah, saying, 8. I And God spake unto Noah, and to
16. Go forth of the ark, thou, and thy his sons with him, saying, wife, and thy sons, and thy sons' wives 9. And I, behold I, establish my covewith thee,
nant with you, and with your seed after 17. Bring forth with thee every living thing you ; that is with thee, of all flesh, both of fowl, 10. And with every living creature that and of cattle, and of every creeping thing is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and that creepeth upon the earth ; that they may of every beast of the earth with you ; from breed abundantly in the earth, and be fruit- all that go out of the ark, to every beast of ful, and multiply upon the earth.
the earth. 18. And Noah went forth, and his sons, 11. And I will establish my covenant and his wife, and his sons' wives with him: with you; neither shall all flesh be cut
19. Every beast, every creeping thing, off any more by the waters of a flood; and every fowl, and whatsoever creepeth neither shall there any more be a flood to upon the earth, after their kinds, went forth destroy the earth. out of the ark.
12. And God said, This is the token of 20. s And Noah builded an altar unto the the covenant which I makc between me LORD, and took of every clean beast, and and you, and every living creature that is of every clean fowl, and offered burnt- with you, for perpetual generations. offerings on the altar.
13. I do set my bow in the cloud, and it 21. And the LORD smelled a sweet shall be for a token of a covenant between savour: and the LORD said in his heart, Ime and the earth. will not again curse the ground any more 14. And it shall come to pass, when I for man's sake; for the imagination of bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow man's heart is evil from his youth; neither shall be seen in the cloud: will I again smite any more every thing 15. And I will remember my covenant, living, as I have done.
which is between me and you, and every 22. While the earth remaineth, seed-living creature of all flesh; and the waters time and harvest, and cold and heat, and shall no more become a flood to destroy summer and winter, and day and night, all flesh. shall not cease.
16. And the bow shall be in the cloud, CHAP. IX.
and I will look upon it, that I may rememI God blesseth Noah. 4 Blood and murder are forbidden. ber the everlasting covenant between God 8 God's covenant, 13 signified by the rainbow. 18 Noah and every living creature of all flesh that replenisheth the world: 21 Is drunken, and mocked of his son. 25 Curseth Canaan, 29 and dieth.
is upon the earth. 1.
ND God blessed Noah and his sons, 17. And God said unto Noah, This is the
and said unto them, Be fruitful and token of the covenant which I have estamultiply, and replenish the earth.
blished between me and all flesh that is 2. And the fear of you, and the dread of upon the earth. you, shall be upon every beast of the earth, 18.1 And the sons of Noah, that went forth and upon every fowl of the air, upon all of the ark, were Shem, and Ham, and Jathat moveth upon the earth, and upon all pheth: and Ham is the father of Canaan. the fishes of the sea; into your hand are 19. These are the three sons of Noah: and they delivered
of them was the whole earth overspread. 3. Every moving thing that liveth shall 20. And Noah began to be a husbandbe meat for you ; even as the green herb man, and he planted a vineyard: have I given you all things :
21. And he drank of the wine, and was 4. But flesh with the life thereof, which drunken; and he was uncovered within is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat. his tent.
5. And surely your blood of your lives 22. And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw will I require; at the hand of every beast the nakedness of his father, and told his will I require it, and at the hand of man; two brethren without. at the hand of every man's brother will I 23. And Shem and Japheth took a garrequire the life of man.
ment, and laid it upon both their shoul6. Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man ders, and went backward, and covered the shall his blood be shed: for in the image of nakedness of their father; and their faces God made he man.
were backward, and they saw not their fa7. And you, be ye fruitful and multiply, ther's nakedness.
24. And Noah awoke from his wine, and 17. And the Hivite, and the Arkite, and knew what his younger son had done unto the Sinite, him.
18. And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, 25. And he said, Cursed be Canaan; and the Hamathite : and afterward were a servant of servants shall he be unto his the families of the Canaanites spread brethren.
abroad. 26. And he said, Blessed be the LORD God 19. And the border of the Canaanites of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant. was from Sidon, as thou comest to Gerar,
27. God shall enlarge Japheth, and he unto Gaza ; as thou goest unto Sodom and shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Ca- Gomorrah, and Admah, and Zeboim, and naan shall be his servant.
even unto Lasha. 28. And Noah lived after the flood 20. These are the sons of Ham, after three hundred and fifty years.
their families, after their tongues, in their 29. And all the days of Noah were nine countries, and in their nations. hundred and fifty years: and he died. 21. Unto Shem also, the father of all CHAP. X.
the children of Eber, the brother of Ja1 The generations of Noah. 8 Nimrod the first pheth the elder, even to him were children monarch.
born. 1. TOW these are the generations of the
sons of Noah; Shem, Ham and shur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram. Japheth: and unto them were sons born af- 23. And the children of Aram ; Uz, and ter the flood.
Hul, and Gether, and Mash. 2. The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and
24. And Arphaxad begat Salah; and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, Salah begat Eber. and Meshech, and Tiras.
25. And unto Eber were born two sons: 3. And the sons of Gomer ; Ashkenaz, the name of one was Peleg; for in his days and Riphath, and Togarmah.
was the earth divided; and his brother's 4. And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and
name was Joktan. Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
26. And Joktan begat Almodad, and 5. By these were the isles of the Gen- Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah, tiles divided in their lands; every one af
27. And Hadoram, and Uzal, and ter his tongue, after their families, in their Diklah, nations.
28. And Obal, and Abimael, and Sheba, 6. | And the sons of Ham; Cush, and
29. And Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab: Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan.
all these were the sons of Joktan. 7. And the sons of Cush; Seba, and
30. 'And their dwelling was from MeHavilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and sha, as thou goest unto Sephar, a mount Sabtecha; and the sons of Raamah, She- of the east. bah and Dedan,
31. These are the sons of Shem, after 8. And Cush begat Nimrod ; he began their families, after their tongues, in their to be a mighty one in the earth.
lands, after their nations. 9. He was a mighty hunter before the 32. These are the families of the sons of LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nim- Noah, after their generations, in their narod the mighty hunter before the LORD.
tions: and by these were the nations 10. And the beginning of his kingdom divided in the earth after the flood. was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and
CHAP. XI. Calneh, in the land of Shinar.
1 One language in the world, 3 The building of Babel. 11. Out of that land went forth Asshur,
5 The confusion of tongues. 1.
guage, one speech. 12. And Resen, between Nineveh and 2. And it came to pass, as they journeyed Calah: the same is a great city.
from the east, that they found a plain in 13. And Mizraim begat Ludim, and the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim, 3. 1 And they said one to another, Go to,
14. And Pathrusim, and Casluhim, (out let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. of whom came Philistim,) and Caphtorim. And they had brick for stone, and slime had
15. 1 And Canaan begat Sidon his first they for mortar. born, and Heth,
4. And they said, Go to, let us build 16. And the Jebusite, and the Amorite, us a city, and a tower whose top may and the Girgasite,
reach unto heaven; and let us make us a
and builded Nineveh, and the city Reho- A Date whale cartel speechf one lan
name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the | Terah, a hundred and nineteen years, and face of the whole earth.
begat sons and daughters. 5. And the LORD came down to see the 26. And Terah lived seventy years, and city and the tower, which the children of begat Abram, Nabor, and Haran. men builded,
27. 1 Now these are the generations of 6. And the LORD said, Behold, the peo- Terah: Terah begat Abram, Nahor, and ple is one, and they have all one language; Haran; and Haran begat Lot. and this they begin to do: and now nothing 28. And Haran died before his father will be restrained from them, which they Terah in the land of his nativity, in Ur have imagined to do.
of the Chaldees.
1 7. Go to, let us go down, and there con- 29. And Abram and Nahor took themi found their language, that they may not wives: the name of Abram's wife was understand one another's speech.
Sarai; and the name of Nahor's wife 8. So the LORD scattered them abroad Milcah, the daughter of Haran, the father from thence upon the face of all the earth: of Milcah, and the father of Iscah. and they left off to build the city.
30. But Sarai was barren; she had no 9. Therefore is the name of it called child. Babel; because the LORD did there con- 31. 1 And Terah took Abram his son, and found the language of all the earth: and Lot, the son of Haran, bis son's son, and from thence did the LORD scatter them Sarai his daughter-in-law, his son Abram's abroad upon the face of all the earth. wife ; and they went forth with them from
10.1 These are the generations of Shem: Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land Shem was a hundred years old, and begat of Canaan: and they came unto Haran, Arphaxad two years after the flood: and dwelt there.
ii. And Shem lived, after he begat At- 32. And the days of Terah were two phaxad five hundred years, and begat hundred and five years: and Terah died sons and daughters.
in Haran. 12. And Arphaxad lived five and thirty
CHAP. XII. years, and begat Salah.
I God calleth Abram, and blesseth him with a promise of
Christ. He journeyeth through Canaan : 10 He is 13. And Arphaxad lived, after he begat driven by a famine into Egypt. Salah, four hundred and three years, and 1. TOW the LORD had said unto Abram, begat sons and daughters.
Get thee out of thy country, and 14. And Salah lived thirty years, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's begat Eber
house, unto a land that I will show thee. 15. And Salah lived, after he begat Eber, 2. And I will make of thee a great nation, four hundred and three years, and begat and I will bless thee, and make thy name sons and daughters.
great ; and thou shalt be a blessing: 16. And Eber_lived four and thirty 3. And I will bless them that bless thee, years, and begat Peleg.
and curse him that curseth thee ; and in thee 17. And Eber lived, after he begat Peleg, | shall all families of the earth be blessed. four hundred and thirty years, and begat 4.TSo Abram departed, as the Lord had sons and daughters.
spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: 18. And Peleg lived thirty years, and and Abram was seventy and five years old begat Reu.
when he departed out of Haran. 19. And Peleg lived, after he begat Reu, 5. And Abram took Sarai his wife, and two hundred and nine years, and begat sons Lot his brother's son, and all their suband daughters.
stance that they had gathered, and the 20. And Reu lived two and thirty years, souls that they had gotten in Haran: and and begat Serug.
they went forth to go into the land of Ca21. And Reu lived, after he begat Serug, naan; and into the land of Canaan they two hundred and seven years, and begat came. sons and daughters.
6.9 And Abram passed through the land 22. And Serug lived thirty years, and unto the place of Sichem, unto the plain of begat Nahor.
Moreh. And the Canaanite was then in 23. And Serug lived, after he begat the land. Nahor, two hundred years, and begat sons 7. And the Lordappeared unto Abram, and daughters.
and said, Unto thy seed will I give this 24. And Nahor lived nine and twenty land: and there builded he an altar unto years, and begat Terah.
the LORD, who appeared unto him. 25. And Nahor lived, after he begat | 8. And he removed from thence unto a