« AnteriorContinuar »
5. For there is the seat of judgment: even the seat of the house of t>avid.v'1
6. O pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love theel
7. Peace be within thy walk: and plenteouA ness within thy palaces. .:
8. For my brethren and companions sakes; I will wish thee prosperity.
7. Peace be within thy walls] &ci
Four Zp^sa L; CVl.
Voices. '. 'V '1 ''' . _
B«fe J ve H1*"*^ unto-the Lord, for
TeJr 'V^/ be is gracious: and his mercy .enr . dureth for ever.
tenor, 2. Who can express the noble acts of the Treble. Lord : or shew forth, all |his praise?
4. Remember me, O Lord,, according to the favbu; that thou bearest untd thy people : O visit me with 'thy salvation.
5, That I may. see the felicity of thy chosen:
'46. Blessed be'the Lord God of Israel
JBy the Reverend Dr. Ai.DjR.icWi late Dean of Christ-Church, Oxon. Part of it altered from the Italian of Carijstrni.
PS Al. CXVI. A" n e
Am well pleased: that \htFoic"Lord hath heard the voice of5^* my prayer. Tenor,
2. That he hath inclined his^s"' ear unto me: therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. *
3. The snares of death compasied me round about: and the pains of hell gat hold upon me*
4. I have found trouble and heaviness, and I did call upon the name of the Lord:
0 Lord, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.
5. Gracious is the Lord, and righteous: yea, our God is merciful.
6. The Lord preserveth the simple: when
1 was in misery he delivered me.
7. Turn again then unto thy rest, O my soul: for the Lord hath rewarded thee.
8. For he hath delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.
9. I shall walk before the Lord : in the
land of the living. 8. For he hath, &c.
16. I will pay my vows unto the Lord, in the sight of his people: in the courts of the Lord's house, in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. Hallelujah.
Ps Al. XVIII.
Will love thee, O Lord,
my stony rock, and my de-^T" fence ; my Saviour, my God, and my might, in whom I will trust; my buckler, the horn also of my salvation, and my refuge.
2. I will call upon the Lord, which is worthy to be praised: so shall I be safe from mine enemies.
3. The sorrows of death compassed me: and the overflowings of ungodliness made me afraid.
4. The pains of hell came about me: the snares of death overtook me.
5. In my trouble I will call upon the Lord: and complain unto my God.
6. So shall he hear my voice out of his holy temple: and my complaint shall come before him j it shall enter even into his ears. 7. The
J. The earth trembled and quaked: the very foundations of the hills shook, and were removed, because he was wroth.
13. The Lord also thundred out of hea
, ven, and the Highest gave his thunder: hailstones and codjs of fire. . , .'
16. He shall send down from on nigh to i;:? fetch me :. ands shall, take me out of
.v.:V\ ,Tmany WterS. .. 1 \>;\rr
.'- ''|;i.r because; I have. Jj§pt. the ways of the Lord : and have not forsaken my* God.