« AnteriorContinuar »
Composed by Mr. Bernard Gates, one of the Gentlemen, and Master of the Children of the Chapel-Royal.
T*v. PSAL. XXXIII.
rZ ?' ^^PfiEj°ice in the LoRP> ° ye Whs. ®r1p righteous: for it becometh
@r^fi§ wel1 tne just to De thankful.
I^SSSTSI Psal. ciii. 3, Heforgiveth.
all thy fin j and healeth all thine infirmities.' • Psal. xxxiii. 2, Praise the Lord with
harp: sing praise unto him with the lute,
and instrument of ten strings. Psal. cxlvii. 3, He healeth those that are
broken in heart; and giveth medicine to
heal their sickness. Psal. xxxiv. 3. O praise the Lord with
me: and let us magnify his Name to-^
Ps aL. CXXI. .-'.'".' . to„
1. T Will lift up mine eyes unto the hills:Vou"X from whence cometh my help. *,&Mn
2. My help cometh even from the Lord: who hath made heaven and earth.
3. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: and he that keepeth thee will not sleep.
Ps Al. lxxxix. 9. 0 Lord Gop. of hosts,
who is like unto thee: thy truth, most
mighty Lord, is on every side. } 5* Righteousness and equity are the habi-r
tation of thy seat;.tmercy and truth shall
go before thy. face. . Ps Al. cxlv. 21. My mouth shall speak the
praise of the Lo R D: and let all flesh give
thanks unto his holy Name for ever and
. 7,.. -Ps AL. XXVII.
j. 'TpHE Lord is my light and myr°ia}X salvation j whom then shall I>7''""' fear: the Lord is the strength of mys"ik life j of whom then shall I be afraid?
5. In the time of trouble he shall hide me in his tabernacle: yea, in the secret place of his dwelling shall he hide me, and set me up upon a rock of stone.
7. Therefore will I offer in his dwelling an
oblation with great gładnefs; I will fing,
and give praises unto the LORD. «. Lukeli. 14. Gloryto God on high. Hal
PSAL. C. Three Voices. Be joyful in the Lord, áll ye
lands: ferve the LORD with gladThree Trebles. ness, and come before his presence with
a song." 2. Be ye fure that the LORD he is GOD; 'it is he 'that hath made us, and not we our selves:, we are his people, and the
Theep of his pasture.. . 3. 'O go your way into his gates with thankf
giving, and into his courts with praise : be thankful unto him, and speak good of
his name. 4. For the Lord is gracious, his mercy is
everlasting: and his truth endureth from t" generation to generation. Lukeici14. Glory to God on high. Hallelujah.!." ito ..viniz
DrPSAL. IX. : !.., Voices. ' 1. T Will' give thanks unto thee, O'LORD, Four with my whole heart: I will speak Trebles. of all thy marvellous works.. 2. I
2. 1 will be glad arid rejoice in thee: yea, my songs will I make of thy Name, O fttou 'most 'Highest,
4. For thou hast maintained my right arid
Ps At. cxviii. 25. Help me now, l0 Lord:
Ps Al. lxxxiv. 9. Behold, O God our de-
Ps Al. lxi. 6. and xxi. 6. Grant the King a long life: and make him glad with the joy of thy countenance. Amen.
r-\r - .
Ps Al. XfH.
so^etme, 6"** Lor D, for ^ever: how long wiltTlW0 thou hide thy face from me?'" 'frMt
2. How long fhail 1 leek counsel in my soul, and be so vexed in my heart: how long shall mine enemies triumph over me?
3, Consider and hear me, O Lord my God: lighten mine eyes, that I steep not in death.
.4, Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed 3 against against him: for if I be cast down, they that trouble me, will rejoice at it. ,