« AnteriorContinuar »
All He waters from Above,
Offers All His Joy and Peace, Settled Comfort, perfect Love,
5. All may from Him receive
A Power to turn and live ;
hear th' Effectual Call.; All the Light of Life may see,
All may feel he died for All.
6. Drop down in Showers of Love
Ye Heavens from Above ! Righteousness, ye Skies, pour down,
Open, Earth, and take it in, Claim the Spirit for your own,
Sinners, and be fav'd from Sin.
7. Father, behold we claim
The Gift in Jesu's Name !
Into all our Spirits pour ;
Come, and never leave us more.
God of my Salvation hear
And help a Sinner to draw near With Boldness to the Throne of Grace': Help me Thy Benefits to fing, And smile to see me feebly bring
My humble Sacrifice of Praise.
2. I cannot praise Thee as I would, Bus Thou art Merciful, and Goods
I know, Thou never wilt despise The Day of small and feeble Things, But bear me till on Eagle's Wings
To all the Heights of Love I rise.
3. I thank Thee for that Gracious Taste, (Which Pride would not permit to last)
That Touch of Love, that Pledge of Hear'n: Surely on Me my Father smild, And once I knew him reconcild,
And once I felt my Sins forgiven.
4. My Lord and God I then could see,
To bring the Rebel near to God:
In largest Characters of Blood.
5. When I had forfeited my Peace, My Manners in the Wilderness,
Infinite Love, how didft Thou bear! Thou wou'dit' not give the Sinner up, My Heart retain'd a feeble Hope,
And could not, durft not yet despair.
6. Aflail'd with Doubt, and Fear, and Grief, I stagger'd oft thro? Unbelief,
Yet still Thou wou'ldst not let me yield, When stronger Souls their Lord denied, And fell on Heaps on every Side,
I never cast away my Shield.
7. Vilest of all the Sons of Men,
And finn'd against Thy Light and Love,
8. Saviour, for this I thank Thee now, ,
Haft snatch'd me from the Gates of Hell,
Which All Mankind with me may feel.
The boundless Love that found out me,
None of Thy Mercy need despair;
Soul of Man may find,
Yet still by sovereign Grace I live,
And wait Thy Fulness to receive.
11. How shall I thank Thee for the Grace, The Trust I have to see Thy Face,
When Sin shall all be purg'd away! The Night of Doubts and Fears is paft, The Morning-star appears at last,
And I shall see Thy Perfect Day. 12. I soon shall hear Thy Quickning Voice, Shall always pray, give Thanks, rejoice,
(This is Thy Will, and faithful Word) My Spirit meek, my Will resign'd, Lowly as Thine shall be my Mind,
The Servant shall be as his. LORD.
13. Already, LORD, I feel Thy Power, Presery'd from Evil every Hour,
My great Preserver I proclaim; Safety and Strength in Thee I have, I find, I find Thee strong to save,
And know that Jesus is Thy Name. 14. By Faith I every Moment stand, Strangely upheld by Thy Right-hand.
I my own Wickedness eichew,
And Thou shalt form my Soul anew.
Sprinkling my every Word and Thought ; ,
He sees, but He imputes them not.
16. I fin in every Breath I draw, .
On Earth as Angels do above:
Till I am perfected in Love.
17. Come then, and loose, my stammering Tongue, Teach me the new, the joyful Song,
And perfect in a Babe Thy Praise :
The Gospel of Thy General Grace.
18. Come, LORD; Thy Spirit bids Thee come, Give me Thyself, and take me home,
Be now the Glorious Earnest given,
A Dialogue of ANGELS and Men.
E Worms of Earth our God admire,
The God of Angels praise : M. Praise Him for Us, ye Heavenly Quire,
His Earth-born Sons of Grace.
A. 2. His Image view in Us display'd,
His Nobler Creatures view :
But he redeem'd them too.
A. 3. As Gods we did in Glory shine,
Before the World began :
And God Himself is Man.
4. 4. He cloath'd Us in these Robes of Light,
The Shadow of His Son :
Have Christ Himself put on.
4. 5. Spirits like Him He made Us be,
Etherial Flame :
With Jesus are the fame.
1. 6. We fee Him on His daz'ling Throne,
Crowns He to Us imparts:
And reigns within our Hearts.
We Angels never fell :
A. 8. When