« AnteriorContinuar »
2. His Majesty will not despise
The Day of feeble Things ; Grateful the Songs of Children rise,
And please the King of Kings:
3. We all His kind Protection share,
Within His Arms we reft ;
While hanging on the Breast.
4. We praise Him with a stammering Tongue,
While under His Defence,
Of Childish Innocence.
5. He loves to be remember'd thus,
And honour'd for His Grace, Out of the Mouths of Babes like us
His Wisdom perfeets Praise.
6. Glory to God, and Praise, and Power,
Honour, and Thanks be given : Children, and Cherubim adore
The LORD of Earth and Heaven.
Happy State of Infancy,
Stranger to guilty Fears, We live from Sin and Sorrow free
In these our tender Years.
2. Jesus the LORD our Shepherd is,
And did our Souls redeen, Our present and Eternal Bliss
Are both secur'd in Him.
3. His Mercy Every Sinner claims,
For all His Flock He cares :
The Sheep He gently leads, the Lambs
He in His Bosom bears. i.
4. Loving He is to All His Sons
Who hearken to His Call ;,
He loves us best of all. ;
5. If unto us our Friends are good,
'Twas He their Hearts inclin'd, He bids our Fathers give us Food,
And makes our Mothers kind...
6. Then let us thank him for his Grace,
He will not disapprove
Our Childish, prattling Love.
" A Lutkanker and Praise to God belonge
Our Father and Our Friend ;. Let us with Life begin the Song,
Which never more shall end.
2. All Power and Majesty are His,
He ever reigns alone ;
And He can keep His Own.
In Innocence we live,
To God, our Hearts, we give. 4. Not to the vain Desires of Men
We live, but to our God, Who died for us, and rose again,
To wash us in His Blood.
5, To Him our earliest Fruits we brings
The Sacrifice of Praise ;..' All our Diversion is to sing
The dear Redeemer's Grace.
6. To Him we innocently live,
Delight His Will to do;
A Child may teach e'en You..
7. Children ye must be All again, Make Haste like us to be ;
finful Men To harmless Infancy.
8. Poor Men, acknowledge your Offence,
And blush to hear our Song, And sigh to see the Innocence.
Ye have out-liv'd so long.
YOME, let us our good GoD proclaim,
Earth and Heaven ador'd ;
And magnify the Lord. 2. Let us with all His Saints agree,
With all His Hosts above, Part of His Family are We,
His Family of Love.
3. Worthless are our best Offerings,
Our Songs are void of Art,
Given with a Willing Heart.
Who did our Souls redeem,
And all our Childish Thoughts approves,
When offer'd up thro' Him.
5. He makes us His peculiar Care,
While by His Spirit led ;
And on His Bounty feed.
Angels attend our Ways,
Our Heavenly Father's Face.
The bright Cherubic Powers ;
Of such a Guard as Ours.
8. And while th' Angelic Army fings,
With thern we feebly join
The Majetty Divine!
"Lov BJesus, we adore
Over of Little Children, Thee,
Our kind, and loving Saviour be
Both now and evermore.
2. O take us up into Thine Arms,
And we are truly blest ;
When lying on Thy Brealt.
Strangers to Guilt and Care, Free from the World of Evil keep
Our tender Spirits there.
4. Still as we grow in Years, in Grace
And Wisdom let us grow,
But never Evil know.
5. Strong let us in Thy Grace abide,
But ignorant of Ill;
Let us be Children still..
6. Lover of Little Children, Theo
O JESUS, we adore :
Both now, and evermore. ;
Avenge me on mine Adversary:
Pray always, and not faint,
To utter our Complaint,
And bruise the Serpent's Head. 2. We have now begun to cry,
And we will never end Till we find Salvation nigh,
And grasp the Sinner's Friend :Day and Night we'll speak our Woes, With 'Thee importunately plead ::
O avenge us, &c. 3. Speak the Word, and we fhall be
From all our Bands releas'd, Only Thou canst fet us free,
By Satan long opprest;