« AnteriorContinuar »
No Good Thing in me resides, My Soul is all an an aching Void, Till Thy Spirit here abides,
And I am fill'd with God.
7. JESU, full of Truth and Grace,
In Thee is all I want :
A Cordial to the Faint ;
And Eye-light to the Blind.
8. Cloath me with Thy Holiness,
Thy meek Humility,
Endue Soul with Thee ;
And perfect me in Love.
A Welcome to the Cross.
By which I daily die within !
Enter my Soul, and work our Sin ;
Stain all the Glory of my Pride,
Be to my whole of Self applied, Implunge me in the Depth beneath, And speak to all my Nature Death.
3. O that I now with All could part,
Cut off the Hand, pluck out the Eye! JESUS, Thou greater than my Heart,
Thy efficacious Death apply, Now for Thyself prepare the Way, Breath, and the Sinful Adam slay. 4. Thou know'st what keeps me out of Thee,
Naked I in Thine Eyes appear,
Th' Accursed Thing that harbours here,
6. Thou see'ft, alas! I am not dead,
My Nature's Life in me is whole, Again the Rebel lifts his Head,
And Self bears down my struggling Soul, This Thorn, I feel it in my side Th' unconquerable Strength of Pride. 7. Still do I live, not CHRIST but I,
The Inbred Sin I groan to bear, Jesu, with Thee I long to die,
The suffering of Thy Cross to share, Sweet Fellowship with Thee to have : Bury me, Saviour, in Thy Grave.
8. Then let me lay my Burthen down
In sweet Forgetfulness of Care, The Cross shall
bring me to the Crown, The Dead Thy Praises shall declare, When all renew'd in Love I shine, Partaker of the Life Divine.
2. If, O LORD, I have found Favour In Thy Sight, Be my Might,
Be my loving Saviour.
3. To my Soul in sore Temptation Let thine Aid Be convey'd
Shew me thy Salvation.,
4. Christ the Tempted, hear my Crying, Sinner's Friend, Succour fend,
See, my Soul is dying.
5. LORD, I cannot cease from Sinning, Till Thou art In my Heart,
Ending as beginning.
6. Every Moment am I falling Into Hell, Till Thou feal
My Effectual Calling.
7. Alpha, and Omega, save me. Enter in, Bid my Sin,
Bid my Natare leave me.
8. Jesu, for Thy Love I languish, Only Love Can remove
All my Grief, and Anguish.
9. I shall all in Thee inherit, Thirst no more, If Thou pour
Into me Thy Spirit.
10. JE SU's Love than Sin is stronger; When I prove Jesu's Love,
I shall sin no longer.
11. Faithful to thy Spirit's Leading, I shall rest On Thy Breast,
Find my long-fought Eden.
12. Neither Life, nor Death shall sever ; When Thou art In my Heart,
Thou art there for ever.
Esu, gentle, loving Lamb,
Let me call Thee by Thy Name,
5. O supply my every Want,
6. Hide me, dearest Saviour, hide
When Thy Love is my Defence, Sin shall never pluck me thence, When
Heart with Love runs o'er, Sin shall never enter more.
8. Only Love can end the Strife,
Looking unto YESUS.
AMB of God for Sinners Slain, "L
To Thee I feebly pray,
me to Thy Breast.
2. Haft Thou not invited All
beneath their Sin ?
And come to be made clean:
burthen'd Conscience ease, O
grant me now the promis'd Rest :
3. Wilt Thou cast a Sinner out
Who humbly comes to 'Thee ?