« AnteriorContinuar »
8. To All, thro' Faith which is in Thee,
A perfect Soundness give,
The Life of Jesus live.
OD of our Life, at Thy Command
We now our Sins confess,
And ihew our sore Disease.
We now perform Thy Will,
Our fin-sick Spirics heal.
3. Forgive the Sins thro' which we groan,
Which we no longer hide,
Our Filthiness of Pride.
The Devilish and the Brutal Lust
To Thee we now confess,
From All Unrighteousness.
5. Then shall we to Thy only Name
The Praise and Glory give,
To us ward who believe.
6. Then let or Earth or Hell oppose,
We will assert Thy Power,
That we Can fin no more.
Esu, united by Thy Grace,
And each to each endear'd, With Confidence we seek Thy Orace,
And know our Prayer is heard.
2. Still let us own our Common LORD,
And bear Thy easy Yoke,
Which never can be broke.
3. Make us into One Spirit drink,
Baptise into Thy Name,
And sweetly speak the fame.
4. Touch'd by the Loadstone of Thy Love,
Let all our Hearts-agree,
And ever moge towards Thee.
5. To Thee inseparably join'd,
Let all our Spirits cleave,
That was in Thee receive.
6. This is the Bond of Perfectness,
Thy Spotless Charity,
The Mind that was in Thee.
7. Grant this, and then from All below
Insensibly remove ;
Made Perfect first in Love.
8. With Ease our Souls thro’ Death fhall glide
Into their Paradise,
Triumphant thro the Skies.
9. Yet when the fullest Joy is given,
The fame Delight we prove,
Our All in All is Love.
Iver, and Guardian of my Sleep,
To praise Thy Name I wake, Still, LORD, Thy helpless Servant keep
For Thy own Mercy's Sake. 2. The Blessing of another Day
I thankfully receive :
And to Thy Glory live.
Vouchsafe to keep my Soul from Sin,
Its cruel Power suspend,
In perfect Peace shall end.
4. O respite me from Self and Pride,
Curb, and keep down my Will, My Appetites and Paffions chide,
And bid the Sea Be still.
5. Upon me lay Thy mighty Hand,
My Words and Thoughts restrain, Bow my whole Soul to Thy Command,
Nor let my Faith be vain.
6. Prisoner of Hope, I wait the Hour
Which shall Salvation bring,
And call my JESUS King.
7. Thou wilt, I stedfastly believe,
Thou wilt the Captive free,
And more than Victory.
8. Tho' now to Every Sin inclin'd,
I shall be as Thou art,
9. Anger, and Luft Thou wilt expel,
And Pride by stronger Grace,
When Jesus fills the Place.
10. Thy Presence, LORD, the Place Shall fill,
My Heart shall be Thy Throne,
Shall in my Flesh be done.
11. I thank Thee for the Future Grace,
And now in Hope rejoice,
And always hear Thy Voice :
I have the Things I ask of Thee,
13. Or let me (if I more would have).
This last Desire submit,
Expecting at Thy Feet.
14. Thy only Will be done, not Mine,
But make me, LORD, Thy Home,
But O! my JESUS, come !
Psalm cx. 1.
"He LORD unto my LORD hath said,
Sit Thou, in Glory fit,
To bow beneath Thy Feet.
2. Jesu, my LORD, mighty to save,
What can my Hopes withstand,
Enthrond at God's Right Hand ?
And Death hath lost his Sting,
Thou Jesus art my King.
All Power-to Thee is given,
Of Hell, and Earth, and Heaven.
5. And shall my Sins Thy Will oppose?
JESU, Thy Right maintain,
In me Thy Servant reign.
Thou wilt not quit Thy Claim,
And only Thine I am,