« AnteriorContinuar »
23, 24. THE SABBATH.
Night will not veil his ceaseless ray,
23. The Sabbath. L. M. Uxbridge. Mrs. Gilman. 1 WE bless Thee for this sacred day, Thou, who hast every blessing given, Which sends the dreams of earth away, And yields a glimpse of opening heaven.
2 Rich day of holy thoughtful rest,
3 Lord! may thy truth, upon the heart,
4 May prayer now lift her sacred wings,
Which bears her to the King of Kings,
24. Commencing Hymn. 8's & 7's M. Greenville. J. Taylor.
1 FAR from mortal cares retreating,
2 From the fount of glory beaming, Light celestial cheers our eyes; * Mercy from above proclaiming Peace and pardon from the skies.
EVENING HYMN. 25, 26.
3 Who may share this great salvation?
4 Blessings all around bestowing,
5 Lord, with favor still attend us;
25. Evening Hymn. S. M. - Olmutz. 1 THE sun has gone to rest, The bee forsakes the flower; The young bird slumbers in its nest, Within the leafy bower.
3 Where have I been this day?
3 When all my days are o'er,
26. Closing Hymn. 8's & 7's M. Sicily. 1 LoRD, dismiss us with thy blessing, Hope and comfort from above:
27, 28. CLOSING HYMN.
Let us each, thy peace possessing,
2 Thanks we give, and adoration,
3 Make us gentle, kind and lowly;
Teach us, Father, by thy word,
Like to Jesus Christ our Lord.
27. Closing Hymn. L. M.
2 Since every day and hour that's gone
3 Hear then the parting prayers we pour,
May we at last surround thy throne.
28. Benediction. 8's & 7's M.
DOXOLOGY. 29, 30.
2 Thus may we abide in union
29. Dowology. L. M. Old Hundred. Watts. 1 FROM all that dwell below the skies, Let the Creator's praise arise; Let the Redeemer's name be sung, Thro’ every land, by every tongue.
2 Eternal are thy mercies, Lord ;
30. Songs of Praise. 7’s M. Wilmot. Montgomery. 1 SoNgs of praise the angels sang, Heaven with hallelujahs rang, When Jehovah's work begun, When he spake and it was done.
2 Songs of praise awoke the morn,
3 Heaven and earth must pass away,
4 And will man alone be dumb,
31. PRAISE For cREATION.
No: the church delights to raise
5 Saints below, with heart and voice,
6 Borne upon their latest breath,
31. Praise for Creation and Provi- C. M.
1 I sing the mighty power of God
2 I sing the wisdom that ordained
3 I sing the goodness of the Lord,