« AnteriorContinuar »
GOD-OUR FATHER. 45, 46.
4 But O' when that last conflict's o'er,
45. God—our Father. L. M. Wells. 1 GREAT God! and wilt thou condescend To me my Father and my Friend? I but a child, and thou so high, The Lord of earth, and air, and sky?
2 Art thou my Father? Canst thou bear,
3 Art thou my Father ?—Let me be
4 Art thou my Father?—I’ll depend
5 Art thou my Father?—Then, at last,
46. God every where. C. M. Medfield.
1 ALMIGHTY God! thy gracious power
47. OMNIPRESENCE OF GOD.
O may the blessings of each hour
2 If, on the wings of morn, I speed
3 Thy power is in the ocean deeps,
Thine eye of mercy never sleeps,
4 From morn till noon, till latest eve,
5 In all the varying scenes of time
47. Omnipresence of God. L. M. - Duke Street. 1 AMoNg the deepest shades of night, Can there be one who sees my way? Yes, God is like the shining light, That turns the darkness into day.
2. When every eye around me sleeps,
3 If I could find some cave unknown, Where human feet have never trod,
GoING TO CHURCH. 48, 49.
Yet there I could not be alone;
4 He smiles in heaven, he rules in hell;
48. Going to Church. T's M. Duke Street. t Montgomery. 1 To thy temple I repair; Lord, I love to worship there; While thy glorious praise is sung, Touch my lips, unloose my tongue.
2. While the prayers of saints ascend,
3 While thy ministers proclaim
4 From thy house when I return,
49. Thou, God, seest me. C. M. Dundee. Watts. 1 IN all my vast concerns with thee, In vain my soul would try To shun thy presence, Lord, or flee The notice of thine eye.
50, 51. THE LORD's PRAYER.
2 Thine all surrounding sight surveys
3 My thoughts lie open to the Lord,
4 Oh! wondrous knowledge, deep and high!
5 So let thy grace surround me still,
50. The Lord’s Prayer. 11’s M.
Hinton. 1 Our Father in heaven, we hallow thy name ! May thy kingdom holy on earth be the same ! O give to us daily our portion of bread; It is from thy bounty that all must be fed.
2 Forgive our transgressions, and teach us to know That humble compassion, that pardons each foe. Keep us from temptation, from weakness and sin, And thine be the glory forever-Amen.
51. The Lord's Prayer. L. M. Medway. 1 OUR Father, full of grace divine, To thy great name be praises paid;
Thy kingdom come, thy glory shine,
2 Give us our bread from day to day,
3 Extend thy grace, our hearts renew,
Our each offence in love forgive; Teach us divine forgiveness too, And let us free from evil live.
4 For thine’s the kingdom, and the power,
52. Prayer. 7's & 6’s M.
2 Remember all who love thee,
All who are loved by thee,
Pray too, for those who hate thee,
Then for thyself, in meekness,
And link with each petition