« AnteriorContinuar »
1 Kings, ch, 13-22.
22. 41. Jehoshaphat, his son Jeho- 595. That we ought not to join
ram; and Ahaziah son of Ahab. hands with God's enemies.
2. 1. Elijah is taken up into 597. The revelation of immor-
act by God's guidance.
2 Kings, ch. 3—17.
13. 1. Azariah and Jotham. Za- 621. God is sure to punish those
chariah,Shallum,and Menahem. who persevere in sin.
2 Kings, ch. 18-25.
in Adam and in Christ.
and of his sons.
5. 1. Of Reuben, of Gad, and of
half the tribe of Manasseh.
11. 1. David is made king.
642. Of praying with faith and
according to God's will.
11. 15. David's mighty men.
vid at Hebron.
14. 1. David's prosperity.
the ark to its place.
649. The authenticity of Scrip-
654. How Christians best prosper.
sure precedent to us.
1. 1. Solomon's sacrifice at Gi- 673. Of beginning and ending with
674.Of God's granting our requests.
holiness to the Lord.
4. 1. The furniture of the temple 677. That we ought to worship
our Saviour Christ.
God's glory filleth the house. chief thing in worshipping God.
promise to man.
pared with the temple.
end of Christian commerce.
2 CHRONICLES, ch. 10–32.
23. 1. Joash is proclaimed king. 699. Commemoration of national
24. 1. Joash reigneth well all the 700. The mutual influence of
days of Jehoiada.
church and state.
24. 15. The apostacy and end of 701. God's vengeance on apostacy.
25. 1. Amaziah defeateth the E- 702. Of trusting in God's power
25. 14. Amaziah's defeat and death. 703. The infatuation of sinners.
26. 1. Uzziah reigneth. His pre- 704. A warning against being elat-
sumption ; and his leprosy. ed by prosperity.
27. 1. Jotham reigneth well. 705. Private virtue is public
28. 1. Ahaz reigneth most wickedly. 706. Mercy for the merciful.
29. 1. Hezekiah beginneth to res- 707. Of restoring divine service
tore the service of God.
throughout our land.
29. 20. Hezekiah's sacrifices. 708. God's converting grace.
30. 1. Hezekiah keepeth the pass- 709. That God is willing to hear
and to forgive.
31. 1. Hezekiah restoreth the 710. The payment due to God's
32. 1. Hezekiah fortifieth himself 711. Our best defence against our