« AnteriorContinuar »
not that BREAD from Hea- thou wouldst Keep his Command
ments, or no. ven; but my Father giveth
3. And he HUMBLED thee, and you
the TRUE BREAD from fuffered thee to hunger, and FED Heaven.
thec with MANNA (which thou 33. For the BREAD of thers know) that he might make
knewest not, neither did thy FaGod is he which cometh thee know, that Man doth not down from. Heaven, and giv- Live by Bread only, but by every eth Lipe unto the World.
Word that proceedeth out of the
Mouth of the Lord doth Man Live. 34. Then said they unto Psal. xix. 7. The Law of the him, Lord, evermore give us Lord is perfect, CONVERTING the this Bread.
Soul : the Testimony of the Lord
is sure, making wist the fimple. 35. And Jesus said unto 8. The STATUTES of the Lord them, I am the BREAD of are right, REJOICING the Heart: LIFE: he that cometh to the Commandment of the Lord is
pure, ENLIGHTNING the EYES. me, shall never HUNGER ; 9. The Fear of the Lord is clear, and he that BeLIEVE TH on enduring fur ever : the Judgments me, shall never THIRST.
of the Lord are true, and righteous
altogether. 36. But I said unto you, 10. More to be DESIRED are that ye
also have seen me, they than Gold, yea, than much and believe nor.
fine Gold : sweeter also than Ho37. All that the Father NEY, and the Honey-comb.
Psal. cxix. 103. How sweet are giveth me, shall come to thy Words unto my Taste ! yea, me; and him that cometh Tweeter than Honey to my Mouth.
Prov. viii. 11. For WISDOM is to me, I will in wife
better than RUBIES; and all the CAST OUT.
Things that may be desired, are not 38. For I came down from to be compared to it. Heaven, not to do mine own Ifai. lv. 1. Ho, every one that Will, but the Will of him ters
, and he that hath no Money ;
THIRSTETH, como ye to the Wathat sent me.
come ye, buy and eat, yea, come 39. And this is the Fa- buy Wine and Milk without Mother's Will which hath sent ney, and without Price.
2. Wherefore do ye spend Money me, that of all which he hath for that which is not BREAD ? and given me, I should lose no- your Labour for that which fatis
fieth not? Hearken diligently unto thing, but should raise it
me, and eat ye that which is good, up again at the Last Day. and let your Soul delight itself in
40. And this is the Will Fatness. of him that sent me, that
1 Pet. ii. 2. As new-born Babes,
deGre the fincerc MILK of the every one which seETH the Word, that ye may grow thereby. Son, and BELIEVE TH on Rev. ii. 17. He that hath an Ear,
let him hear what the Spiris faith him, may have everlasting LiFe: and I will BAISE him OVERCOMETH, will i give to eac
unto the Churches, To him that up at the LAST DAY. of the HIDDEN MANNA.
41. The Jews then mur. mured at him, because he
faid, I am the Bread which came down from Heaven.
42. And they said, Is not this Jesus, the Son of 70feph, whose Father and Mother we know? How is it then that he faith, I came down from Heaven?
43. Fefus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves,
44. No Man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me, draw him: and I will raise him up at the last Day.
45. It is written in the Prophets, And they shall be all TAUGHT of God. Every Man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
46. Not that any Man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.
(6) i John ii. 25. And this is the 47. Verily, verily (6)I say PRONasce that he hath promised tis, unto you, He that believ Chap. iv. 10. Herein is Love, ETH on me, hath everlasting not that we loved God, but that he LIFE.
loved us, and sent his Son to be
the PROPITIATION for our Sins. 48. I am that BREAD of
11. Beloved, if God so loved iis, Life.
we ought also to love one another.
12. No Man hath seen God at any 49. Your Fathers did eat
time. If we love one another, God MANNA in the Wilderness, dwelleth in us, and his Love is perand are dead.
fested in us. 50. This is the BREAD 13. Hereby know we that we
dwell in him, and he in us, because which cometh down from he hath given us of his Spirit
. Heaven, that a Man may eat i Pet. 1. 3. Blessed be the God thereof, and not die.
and Father of our Lord Jesus Chrift,
which according to his ABUNDANT 51. I am the LIVING Mercy, hath begotten us again unto BREAD which came down a lively Hope, by the Resurrection from Heaven: if any Man of Jefius Chrif from the Dead, eat of this Bread, he shall ble, and undefiled, and that fadech
4. To an inheritance incorruptilive for ever : and the Bread not away, reserved in Heaven for that I will give is my Flesh, you, which I will give for the of God, through Faith unto Sal
s. Who are kept by the Power Life of the World.
VATION, ready to be revealed in 52. The Fews therefore the last time. Atrove amongst themselves, cometh will i grant to fit with me
Rev. iii. 21. To him that oversaying, How can this Man in my Throne, even as I also overgive us his Flesh to eat ? came, and am set down with my 53. Then Jesus said unto
Father in his Throne.
Daniel xii. 2. And many of them thém, Verily, verily I say that ficep in the Dust of the Earth unto you, Except ye cat the fall awake, fome to everlasting Flesh of the Son of Man, Life, and some to Shame and
and everlasting Contempt.
and drink his Blood, ye thine as the brightness of the Fir
3. And they that be wise, thall have no Life in you.
mament, and they that turn many 54.
.Whofo eateih my Flesh, to Righteousness, as the Stars for and drinketh my Blood, hath ever and ever.
Rorr. vi. 23. For the Wages of Eternal Life, and I will
SIN is Death: but the Gift of raise him up at the last Day. God is Eternal Lire, through Je
55. For my Flesh is Meat fus Chrift our Lord. indeed,and my Blood is Drink
Col. lii. 3. For ye are dead, and indeed.
your Life is hid with Christ in
God. 50. He that eateth my When Christ, who is our Life, Flesh, and drinketh my
llall appear, then Ihall ye also apBlood, dwelleth in me, and I
pear with him in GLORY.
i Tim. i. 16. Howbeit, for this in him.
Cause I obtained Mercy, that in me 57. As the living Father first Jefu Chrift might shew forth hath sent me, and I live by them which should hereafter BEthe Father : so, he that eat- Lieve in him, to Life everlatting. cth me, even he shall live by
Jobon iv. 9. In this was mani
fested the Love of God towards us, me.
because that God sent his only be 58. This is that Bread gotten Son into the World, that we which came down from Hea- might LIVE through him. ven: not as your Fathers did eat MANNA, and are Dead : he that eateth of this Bread, Thall live for ever.
59. These Things said he in the Synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
60. Many therefore of his Disciples, when they had heard this, faid, This is an hard Saying, who can hear it?
61. When Fefus knew. in himself, that his Disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
62. What and if ye should see the Son of Man ASCEND up where he was before ?
63. It is the SPIRIT that QUICKNETH, the Flesh profiteth nothing: the Words that I speak unto you, they are SPIRIT, and they are Life.
64. But there are some of you that believe not. For Fefuis knew from the Beginning, who they were that belicved not, and who should betray him.
65. And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no Man can come unto me, except it were given him of my Father.
66. From that time, many of his Disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
67. Then said Jesus unto the Twelve, Will ye also go away?
68. Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom Shall we go ? Thou hast the Words of Eternal Life.
69. And we believe, and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the LIVING GOD.
70. Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a Devil ?
71. He spake of Judas Iscariot, the Son of Simon : for he it was that Thould betray him, being one of the Twelve.
CHRIST feedeth Four thousand with se
Mark IN those Days the Multitude being very great, and viii. 1. having nothing to eat, Jesus called his Disciples unto him, and faith unto them,
2. I have Compassion on the Multitude, because they have now been with me three Days, and have nothing to
3. And if I send them away fafting to their own Houses, they will faint by the Way: for divers of them came from far.
4. And his Disciples answered him, From whence can a Man satisfy these Men with Bread here in the Wilderness ?
5. And he asked them, How many Loves have ye? And they said, Seven.
6. And he commanded the People to fit down on the Ground : and he took the seven Loaves, and gave Thanks, and brake, and gave to his Disciples to set before them : and they did fet them before the People.
7. And they had a few small Fishes: and he bleffud, and commanded to set them also before them.
8. So they did eat, and were filled : and they took up of the broken Meat that was left, feven Baskets.
9. And they that had eaten were about four thousand, and he sent them away,
10. And straightway he entred into a Ship with his Disciples, and came into the parts of Dalmanutha. 11. And the Pharisees came forth, and began to ques
tion with him, seeking of him a Sign from Heaven, tempt
12. And he fighed deeply in his Spirit, and faith, Why doth this Generation seek after a Sign? Verily I say unto you, There shall no Sign be given to this Generation.
13. And he left them, and entring into the Ship again, departed to the other fide.
14. Now the Disciples had forgotten to take Bread, neither had they in the Ship with them more than one Loaf.
15. And he charged them, saying, Take heed, beware of the Leaven of the Pharisees, and of the Leaven of Herod.
16. And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have no Bread.
17. And when Jesus knew it, he faith unto them, Why reason ye, because ye have no Bread ? Perceive ye not yet, neither understand have ye your Heart yet hardned?
18. Having Eyes, see ye not ? and having Ears, hear ye not ? and do ye not remember?
19. When I brake the five Loaves among five thousand, how many Baskets full of Fragments took ye up? They say unto him, Twelve.
20. And when the seven among four thousand, how many Baskets full of Fragments took ye up? And they said, Seven.
21. And he said unto them, How is it that ye do not understand ?
Matt. xvi. 11. That I fpake it not to you concerning Bread, that ye should beware of the Leaven of the Pharifees, and of the Sadducees?
12. Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the Leaven of Bread, but of the Doctrine of the Pharisees, and of the Sadducees.