« AnteriorContinuar »
He causeth the Grass to grow for the Cattle, and HerB for the Service of Man : that he may bring forth Food out of the Earth.
21. The young Lions roar after their Prey, and seek their Meat from God.
24. O Lord, how manifold are thy Works! in Wisdom haft thou made them all: the Earth is full of thy Riches.
25. So is this great and wide Sea, wherein are Things creeping innumerable, both small and great Beasts.
26. There go the Ships; there is that Leviathan, whom thou haft made to play therein.
27. These wait all upon thee: that thou mayit give them their Meat in due Season.
28. That thou giveft them, they gather : thou openest thine hand, they are filled with Good.
Jer. xxxii. 17. Ah, Lord God, behold, thou hast made the Heaven and the Earth by thy great Power and stretched out Arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee.
27. Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all Flesh: Is there any thing too hard for me?
Aits xvii. 24. God that made the World, and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of Heaven Earth, and dwelleth not in Temples made with Hands :
25. Neither is worshipped with Mens Hands, as though he needed any thing; seeing he giveth to all Life, and BREATH, and ALL Things.
Not to be ashamed of Christ and his Words,
but openly to confess him.
Ver. 8. ALSO
LSO (e) I say unto you, Whosoever shall con:
FESS me before Men, him Thall the Son of Man also CONFESS before the ANGELS of God.
9. But he that denieTh me before Men, shall be DENIED before the ANGELS of God.
(e) Pfalm xxxvii. 19. They shall not be ASHAMED in the evil Time : and in the Days of Famine they shall be satisfied. Pf. cxix.
5. O that my Ways were directed to keep thy Sta. tutes!
6. Then thall I not be ASHAMED, when I have respect unto all thy Commandments.
46. I will speak of thy Testimonies also before Kings, and will not be ASHAMED.
Dan. iii. 16. Shadracb, Mefbecb, and Abednego answered and said to the King, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to anSwer thee in this Matter.
17. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery Furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine Hand, O King.
Matt. x. 32. Whosoever therefore shall confess me before Men, him will I CONFESS also before my Father which is in Heaven.
33. But whosoever shall deny me before Men, him will I also DENY before my Father which is in Heaven.
Mark vii. 38. Whosoever therefore Thall be ASHAMED of me, and of my Words, in this adulterous and SINFUL Generation, of him also shall the Son of Man be ASHAMED, when he cometh in the GLORY of his father with the holy Angels.
John xii. 42. Among the chief Rulers also, many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, left they should be put out of the Synagogue.
43. For they loved the PRAISE of Men, more than the PRAISE of God.
Rom. i. 16. For I am not ASHAMED of the Gospel of Cbrif: for it is the Power of God unto SalvaTION, to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17. For therein is the RightEOUSNESS of God revealed from Faith to Faith: as it is written, The Just shall live by Faith.
Chap. x. 8. But what faith it? The Word is nigh thee, even in thy Mouth and in thy Heart : that is the Word of FAITH which we preach,
9. That if thou shalt confess with thy Mouth the Lord Jejus, and Male believe in thine Heart, that God hath raised him from the Dead, thou shalt be saved.
10. For with the Heart Man BELIEVETH unto Righteousness, and with the Mouth, CONFESSION is made unto Salvation.
11. For the Scripture faith, Whosoever believeth on him, shall not be . ASRAMED.
Afts v. 28. Did not we straitly command you, that you should not teach in this Name? And behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your
Doctrine, and intend to bring this Man's Blood upon us. 29. Then Peter and the other Apostles answered and said, We ought to OBEY God rather than Men.
Chap. xxiv. 14. But this I CONFESS unto thee, that after the Way which they call Herely, fo worship I the God of my Fa. thers, believing all Things which are written in the Law and the PROPHETS.
Phil. ii. 10. That at the Name of Jesus every Knee should bow, of Things in Heaven, and Things in Earth, and Things un. der the Earth ;
1. And that every Tongue ihould CONFESS, that Jefus Christ is Lord, to the Glory of God the Father.
2 Tim. i. 8. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the Testimony of our Lord, nor of me his Prisoner: but be thou Partaker of the AFFLICTIONS of the Gospel, according to the Power of God.
12. For the which Cause I also suffer these Things : nevertheless, I am not ASHAMED: for I know whom I have believed, and I am perswaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that Day.
Chap. ii. 12. If we suffer, we shall also reign with him : if we deny him, he also will DENY us.
1 Pet. iv. 16. Yet if any Man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ASHAMED; but let him GLORIFY God on this behalf.
1 John iv. 15. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
Recr. ii. 13. I know thy Works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's Seat is, and thou holdett fast my Name, and haft not DENIED my Faith..
Of the Sin against the Holy Ghost.
ND whosoever shall SPEAK a Word against
but unto him that BLASPHEMETH against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be PORGIVEN.
11. And when they bring you unto the Synagogues, and unto Magiftrates, and Powers, take ye no Thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say.
12. For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the fame Hour, what ye ought to fay.
13. And one of the Company said unto him, Master, speak to my Brother, that he divide the Inheritance with me.
14. And he said unto him, Man, who made me a JUDGE, or a DIVIDER over you?
15. And he said unto them, * Take heed, and beware of COVETOUSNESS : for a Man's Life confifteth not in the Abundance of the Things which he pofleffeth.
• See the References pag. 79,
--82. Of Heavenly-mindedness, and against Covciousness,
16. And he fpake a Parable unto them, saying, The Ground of a certain rich Man brought forth plentifully.
17. And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to beltow my Fruits ?
18. And he said, This will I do : I will pull down my Barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my Fruits and my Goods.
19. And I will fay to my Soul, Soul, thou hast much Goods laid up for many Years ; take thine Ease, eat, drink, and be merry. .
20. But God said unto him, Thou Fool, this Night thy Soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those Things be which thou hast provided ?
21. So is he that layeth up TREASURE for himself, and is not RICH towards God.
22. And he said unto his Disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no Thought for your Life, what ye shall eat; neither for the Body, what ye shall put on.
23. The Life is more than Meat, and the Body is more than Raiment.
24. Consider the Ravens: for they neither fow nor reap; which neither have Store-house nor Barn; and God feed eth ihem: How much more are ye better than the Fowls?
25. And which of you with taking Thought, can add to his Stature one Cubit ?
26. If ye then be not able to do that Thing which is least, why take ye Thought for the rest ?
27. Consider the Lilies, how they grow: They toil not, they spin not: and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his Glory was not arayed like one of these.
28. If then God so clothe the Grass, which is to-day in the Field, and to-morrow is cast into the Oven :' how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little FAITH?
29. And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful Mind.
30. For all these Things do the Nations of the World seek after : and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these Things.
31. But rather seek ye the KINGDOM of God, and all these Things shall be added unto you.
32. Fear not, little Flock; for it is your Father's good Pleasure to give you the Kingdom.
33. Sell thai ye have, and give Alms: provide your selves Ea's which wax not old; a Treasure in the
Heavens that faileth not; where no Thief approacheth, neither Moth corrupteth.
34. For where your TREASURE is, there will your Heart he also (f).
(f) Isai. Ixiii. 10. But they REBELLED, and vexed his Holy Spirit ; therefore he was turned to be their Enemy, and he fought against them.
Ephef. iv. 30. And GRIEVE not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are_sealed unto the Day of Redemption.
Heb. x. 16. This is the Covenant that I will make with them after those Days, faith the Lord; I will put my Laws in their Hearts, and in their Minds will I write them :
17. And their Sins and INIQUITIES will I remember no more ;
18. Now, where REMISSION of these is, there is no more Offering for Sin.
19. Having therefore, Brethren, Boldness to enter into the Holiest by the Blood of Jejus,
20. By a new and living Way which he hath consecrated for us, through the Vail, that is to say, his Flesh ;
23. Let us hold fast the Profession of our Faith without wavering (for he is FAITHFUL that promised)
24. And let us consider one another to provoke unto Love, and to GOOD WORKS :
25. Not forsaking the assembling of our felves together, as the manner of some is; but EXHORTING one another; and io much the more, as ye see the Day approaching.
26. For if we sin WILFULLY after that, we have received the Knowledge of the Truth, there remaineth no more Sacrifice for Sins,
27. But a certain fearful looking for of JUDGMENT, and fiery INDIGNATION which shall devour the Adverfaries.
28. He that despised Mojes Law, died without Mercy, under two or three Witnesses :
29. Of how much forer PUNISHMENT, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath TRODen under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the Blood of the Covenant wherewith he was sanctified, an UNHOLY Thing, and hath done DESPITE unto the SPIRIT OF GRACE?
30. For we know him that hath said, VENGEANCE belongeth unto me, I will recompense, faith the Lord. And again, the Lord Mall Judge his People.
31. It is a fearful Thing to fall into the Hands of the livING God.
1 John v. 16. If any Man see his Brother fin a Six which is not unto Death, he 'shall ask, and he shall give him Life for
them that lin not unto Death. There is a SIN UNTO DEATH : I do not say that he shall PRAY for it. li 2