« AnteriorContinuar »
this, and divide it among
HEN ye come toge
xi. 20. W ther therefore into one Place, this is not to EAT the LORD'S SUPPER.
eth before other, his own Supper: 21. For in eating every one takand one is hungry, and another is drunken.
22. What, have ye not Houses to
23. For I have received of the
LORD, that which alfo I delivered unto you, That the LORD Jefus,
the SAME NIGHT in which he was BETRAYED, took BREAD:
24. And when he had given THANKS, he BRAKE it, and laid, Take, eat; this is my BODY, which
BROKEN for you: This do in remembrance of me.
[M] And as they were eating, Jefus took BREAD, eat and to drink in? Or defpife ye [L.] and gave Thanks, [M.] the Church of GOD, and fhame and BLESSED it, and BRAKE them that have not? What shall I it, and gave it to the Difci- fay to you, fhall I praise you in ples, and faid, Take EAT, praise you not. this is my BODY, [L.] which is GIVEN for you this do in REMEMBRANCE of me. Likewife alfo [M] he took the CUP  after SUPPER, [Mr.] and when he had given THANKS, he gave it to them, [M] faying, DRINK ye all of it: For this is my BLOOD of the NEW TESTAMENT; [L.] this Cup is the NEW TESTAMENT in my BLOOD, which is SHED for You, and [M] for MANY, for the REMISSION of SINS. [Mr.] And they ALL drank of it. Verily I fay unto you, [M.] I will not drink henceforth of this Fruit of the Vine, until that Day when I drink it new with you, [Mr.] in the KINGDOM of GOD, [M] my Father.
25. After the fame manner alfo ped, faying, This Cup is the NEW he took the Cup, when he had supTESTAMENT in my BLOOD: this DO ye, as oft as ye DRINK it, in re
membrance of me.
[Mr.] And as they fat and did eat, when Fefus had thus faid, he was troubled in Spirit, and teftified and faid, [Z.] But behold, the Hand of him that BETRAYETH me is with me on the Table.  Verily, verily I fay unto you, that one of you [Mr.] which
BREAD, and drink this CUP, ye do 26. For as often as ye eat this fhew the LORD'S DEATH till he
27. Wherefore, whofoever shall
EAT this BREAD, and DRINK this CUP of the Lord NWORTHILY, fhall be guilty of the BODY and
BLOOD of the Lord.
28. But let a Man EXAMINE
himself, and fo let him cat of that BREAD, and drink of that CUP.
eth UNWORTHILY,eateth and drink29. For he that eateth and drinketh DAMNATION to himself, not difcerning the Lord's BODY.
30. For this Caufe many are many fleep. weak and fickly among you, and
31. For if we would JUDGE our felves, we should not be JUDGED.
32. But when we are judged, we are chaftned of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the World.
when ye come together to eat, tar33. Wherefore, my Brethren, ry one for another.
him eat at home; that ye come
Meat which perifheth, but for that
which eateth with me, fhall 34. And if any Man hunger, let
41. The Jews then murmured at
him, because he faid, I AM the
28. Then faid they unto him,
them, This is the Work of God,
what SIGN fhewelt thou then, that
31. Our Fathers did eat MANNA
in the Defert; as it is written, He
Verily, verily I fay unto you, Mo-
35. And fu faid unto them, I
37. All that the Father giveth me, fhall come to me; and him that cometh to me, I will in no wife call out.
38. For I came down from Heaven not to do mine own WILL, but the WILL of him that fent me.
40. And this is the WILL of
him that fent me, that every one
unto him, That thou dost do quickly. Now no Man at the Table knew for what Intent he spake this unto him: for fome of them thought, becaufe Judas had the Bag, that Jefus had faid unto him, Buy thofe Things that we have need of against the Feast or that he fhould give fomething to the Poor. [M] Then Judas which betrayed him, answered and faid, Mafter, is it I? He faid unto him, Thou haft faid.  He then having received the Sop, went immediately out : and it was Night. Therefore when he was gone out, Jefus faid, Now is the Son of Man GLORIFIED, and GOD is GLORIFIED in him. If God be glorified in him, God fhall alfo glorify him in himself, and fhall straightway glorify him.
Jefs therefore answered and faid unto them, Murmur not among your felves.
44. No Man can come to me, ex
cept the Father which hath fent me, draw him and I will raise him up at the last Day.
47. Verily, verily I fay unto you, He that BELIEVETH on me hath everlasting LIFE.
48. I am that BREAD of LIFE: 49. Your Fathers did eat MANNA in the Wilderness, and are dead. cometh down from Heaven, that a Man may eat thereof, and not die.
so. This is the BREAD which
51. I am the LIVING BREAD which came down from Heaven: if any Man eat of this Bread, he shall LIVE for ever; and the Bread that I will give, is my FLESH, which I will give for the LIFE of the World.
[L] And there was alfo a Strife among them, which of them fhould be accounted the GREATEST. And he faid unto them, The Kings of the Gentiles exercife LordShip over them; and they that exercife Authority upon them, are called BENEFACTORS. But ye fhall not be fo; but he that is GREATEST among you, let him be as the Younger: and he that is CHIEF, as he that doth ferve. For whether is greiter, he that fitteth at Meat, or he that ferveth? Is not he that fitteth at Meat? But I
52. The Jews therefore ftrove amongst themselves, faying, How can this Man give us his Flesh to
53. Then Jefus faid unto them, Except ye eat the Flesh of the Son of Man, and drink his Blood, ye have no LIFE in you.
54. Whofo eateth my FLESH, and drinketh my BLOOD, hath eternal LIFE, and I will raise him up at the last Day.
55. For my Flesh is MEAT indeed, and my Blood is DRINK indeed.
56. He that eateth my Flesh, and drinketh my Blood, DWELLETH. in me, and I in him.
57. As the LIVING Father hath fent me, and I LIVE by the Father: fo he that eateth me, even he shall LIVE by me.
58. This is that Bread which came down from Heaven: not as your Fathers did eat MANNA, and are dead he that eateth of this Bread, mall live for ever.
I Cor. x. 16. The Cup of BLESSING which we biefs, is it not the COMMUNION of the BLOOD of
Christ? The Bread which we break, is it not the COMMUNION of the Bony of Chrift?
17. For we being many, are one Bread, and one Body: for we all
I am among you as he that
are Partakers of that one Bread.
Table, and of the Table of Devils.
22. Do we provoke the Lord to JEALOUSY? ale we ftronger than he?
31. Whether therefore ye cat or drink, or what foever ye do, do all
 Little Children, yet to the GLORY of God. a little while I am with you.
Ye shall feek me, and, as I faid unto the Jews, Whither I go ye cannot come ; fo now I fay unto you. A new Commandment give I unto you, that ye LOVE one another, as I have LOVED you, that ye alfo LOVE one another. By this fhall all Men know that ye are my Difciples, if ye have Love one to another. Simon Peter faith unto him, Lord, Whither goest thou? Jefus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me, but thou fhalt fhalt follow me afterwards. Peter faid unto him, Lord, Why cannot I follow thee now? I will lay down my Life for thy fake. [L.] And the Lord  Jefus anfwered him, and faid, Wilt thou lay down thy Life for my fake? [L.] Simon, Simon, behold, SATAN hath defired to have you, that he may fift you as Wheat. But I have prayed for thee, that thy FAITH fail not; and when thou art converted, ftrengthen thy Brethren. And he faid unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into Prison and into Death. And he faid,  Verily, verily [L.] I tell thee, Peter, the Cock fhall not crow this Day, before thou shalt thrice DENY that thou knowest me. And he faid unto them, When I fent you without Purfe, and Scrip, and Shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they faid, Nothing. Then faid he unto them, But now he that hath a Purse, let him take it, and likewife his Scrip: And he that hath no Sword, let him fell his Garment, and buy one : for I fay unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me. And he was reckoned among the Tranfgreffors: For the Things concerning me have an End. And they faid, Lord, behold, here are two Swords. And he faid unto them, It is enough.
Our Saviour's Speeches to his Difciples before his Paffion; contained in the 14th, 15th, and 16th Chapters of St. John's Gospel.
CHRIST commands bis Difciples, that as they believe in GOD, fo they should believe and confide in
Ver. 1.LET not your Heart
be TROUBLED: ye BELIEVE in God, BELIEVE alfo in me (a).
Ithout FAITH it is
impossible to him: for he that COMETH to God, mult BELIEVE that he is, and that he is the REWARDER of them that diligently feek him.
Ephef. i. 13. In whom ye alfo trufted, after that ye heard the Word of Truth, the Gofpel of your SALVATION in whom alfo after that ye believed, ye were fealed with that HOLY SPIRIT of Promise.
18. That ye may know what is the Hope of his CALLING, and what the RICHES of the GLORY of his Inheritance in the SAINTS,
19. And what is the exceeding Greatnefs of his Power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his MIGHTY POWER.
Heb. iv. 14. Seeing then that we have a great HIGH PRIEST, that is paffed into the Heavens, Jefus the Son of GoD, let us HOLD FAST our Profeflion.
15. For we have not an High Priest which cannot be touched with the Feeling of our Infirmities; but was in all Points tempted like as we are, yet without SIN.
16. Let us therefore come BOLDLY unto the Throne of Grace, that we may obtain Mercy, and find Grace to help in Time of need.
Chap. vii. 25. Wherefore he is able alfo to SAVE them to the uttermoft, that COME unto God by him, seeing he ever LIVETH to make Interceflion for them.
26. For fuch an HIGH PRIEST became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, feparate from Sinners, and made higher than the Heavens.
Chap. x. 19. Having therefore, Brethren, BOLDNESS to enter into the Holieft by the Blood of Jefus,
20. By a new and LIVING Way which he hath confecrated for us, through the Vail, that is to fay, his FLESH;