« AnteriorContinuar »
27. They did eat, they drank, they married Wives, they were given in Marriage, until the Day that Noe entred into the Ark and the Flood came and deftroyed them all.
28. Likewife alfo as it was in the Days of Lot, they did eat, they drank, they bought, they fold, they planted, they builded:
Eyes a vile Perfon is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the Lord: he that fweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not. 5. He that putteth not out his Money to Ufury, nor taketh Reward against the Innocent. He that doth thefe Things fhall never be moved.
29. But the fame Day that Lot went out of Sodom, it rained Fire and Brimstone from Heaven, and destroyed them all :
30. Even thus fhall it be in the DAY when the Son of Man is REVEALED.
Pf. lviii. 11. So that a Man fhall fay, Verily there is a Reward for the Righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the Earth.
P. xcvi. 13. For he cOMETH, for he cometh to JUDGE the Earth; he fhall judge the World with Righteoufnefs, and the People with
31. In that Day, he which fhall be upon the Houfe top, and his Stuff in the Houfe, let him not come down to, take it away: And he that is in the Field, let him likewife not return back.
32. Remember Lot's Wife. 33. Whofoever fhall feek to fave his Life, fhall lofe it: and whofoever shall lofe his Life, fhall preferve it.
34.I tell you, in that Night there fhall be two Men in one Bed; the one fhall be taken, and the other fhall be left.
Pf. xcviii. 8. Let the Floods clap their Hands, let the Hills be joyful together
9. Before the Lord; for he com
eth to JUDGE the Earth; with Righteoufnels fhall he judge the World, and the People with Equity.
Pro xxiv. 12. If thou fayit, Behold, we knew it not: Doth not
he that pondereth the Heart conlider it? And he that keepeth thy SOUL, doth not he know it? And hall not he render to every Man according to his WORKS?
Ecclef. xi. 9. Rejoice, O young Man, in thy Youth, and let thy Heart cheer thee in the Days of thy Youth, and walk in the Ways of thine Heart, and in the Sight of thine Eyes: but know thou, that for all thefe Things God will bring thee into JUDGMENT
55. Two Women fhall be grinding together; the one fhall be taken, and the other left.
36. Two Men fhall be in the Field; the one fhall be jaken, and the other left. 37. And
Chap. xii. 14. For God fhall bring WORK every Work into JUDGMENT. with every fecret Thing, whether it be GOOD, or whether it be EVIL.
Hai. xxx. 33. For TOPHET is ordained of old: Yea, for the King it is prepared, he hath made it deep and large the Pile thereof is Fire and much Wood; the Breath of the Lord, like a Stream of Brim
ttone, doth kindle it.
Jer. xxxii. 19. Great in CoUNSEL, and mighty in WORK, (for thine Eyes are open upon all the Ways of the Sons of Men, to give every one according to his Ways,
Chrift's Second Coming, &c.
37. And they answered and faid unto him, Where, Lord? And he faid unto them, Wherefoever the Body is, thither will the Eagles be gathered together.
Matt. xxiv. 29. Mark xiii.
and according to the Fruit of his Doings)
teous turneth from his RighteoufEzek. xxxiii. 18. When the Righnefs, and committeth INIQUITY, he fhall even die thereby."
19. But if the Wicked turn from his Wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall LIVE thereby.
Dan. vii. 9. I beheld, till the Thrones were caft down, and the ANCIENT of DAYS did fit, whofe Garment was white as Snow, and
the Hair of his Head like the pure Wool: His Throne was like the fiery Flame, and his Wheels as burning Fire.
came forth from before him: thou10. A fiery Stream iffued, and fand thousands miniftred unto him, and ten thousand times ten thouMENT was fet, and the Books were fand ftood before him: the JUDG
[Mr.] But in thofe Days, [M.] immediately after the Tribulation of thofe Days, [L.] there fhall be Signs in the Sun, and in the Moon, and in the Stars; [Mr.] the Sun fhall be darkned, and the Moon fhall not give her Light: and the Stars of opened. Heaven fhall fall [M.] from Heaven; [L.] and upon the Earth diftrefs of Nations with Perplexity, the Sea and the Waves roaring, Mens Hearts failing them for Fear, and for looking after those Things which are coming on the Earth; for the POWERS [Mr.] that are in Heaven fhall be SHAKEN. [M] And then fhall appear the SIGN of the Son of Man in Heaven, and then fhall all the Tribes of the Earth MOURN. [Mr.] And then fhall they fee the Son of MAN COMING in the CLOUDS [M] of Heaven, [Mr.] with great POWER, [M] and great GLORY; [Mr.] and then fhall he fend his Angels, [M.] with a great Sound of Trumpet, and they fhall ga ther together his ELECT from
John v. 22. For the Father judgeth no Man; but hath COMMITTED
all JUDGMENT unto the Son.
The Hour is COMING, and now is,
when the DEAD fhall hear the
Son to have Life in himself;
RITY to execute JUDGMENT allo,
28. Marvel not at this: for the
Hour is coming, in the which all
that have done GooD, unto the Re-
me, and receiveth not my Words,
Acts x. 42. And he commanded ordained of God to be the JUDGE us to preach unto the People, and to testify that it is he which was of quick and dead.
from the four Winds, [Mr.]
. 25. And as he rea from the uttermoft Part of foned of Righteoufnefs, Temperance, and JUDGMENT to COME, Felix trembled.
Rom. ii. 2. But we are fure that the JUDGMENT of God is according to Truth, against them which commit fuch Things.
3. And thinkeft thou this, O Man, that judgest them which do fuch Things, and doit the fame, that thou halt efcape the JUDGMENT
the Earth, to the uttermoft
fee all thefe Things come to pass, [L.] know ye that the KINGDOM of God is NIGH at Hand, [Mr.] even at the Doors. [M.]Verily I fay unto you, This Generation fhall not pafs, till all thefe Things be fulfilled. Heaven and Earth fhall pass away, but my Words thall not pafs away. But of that Day and Hour knoweth no Man,no not the Angels [Mr.] which are in Heaven, neither the Son, but [M] my FATHER Only.
4. Or defpifeft thou the Riches of his Goodness, and Forbearance, and Long-fuffering, not knowing that the Goodness of God leadeth thee to Repentance?
5. But after thy Hardness and impenitent Heart, treafureft up unto thy felf Wrath against the DAY OF WRATH, and Revelation of the righteous JUDGMENT of God;
7. To them who by patient con
6. Who will render to every Man according to his Deeds: tinuance in Well-doing, feek for Glory, and Honour, and Immortality; eternal Life:
8. But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the Truth, but obey Unrighteoufnefs; indignation and wrath;
9. Tribulation and Anguish upon every Soul of Man that doth Evil, of the few firft, and alfo of the Gentile.
[L.] And take heed to your felves, left at any time your Hearts be over-charged with Surfeiting and Drunkennefs, and CARES of this Life,
10. But Glory, Honour, and Peace, to every Man that worketh Goop, to the few first, and alfo to the Gentile
11. For there is no respect of Perfons with God.
Chap. xiv. 10. But why doft thou judge thy Brother? or why doft thou fet at nought thy Brother? For we shall all stand before the JUDGMENT-SEAT of Chrift.
11. For it is written, As I live, faith the Lord, every Knee fhall Bow to me, and every Tongue fhall CONFEss to God.
12. So then every one of us fhall give AccoUNT of himself to God.
1 Cor. iii. 13. Every Man's Work fhall be made manifeft. For the DAY fhall declare it, because it
Life, and fo that Day come upon you unawares: For as a Snare fhall it come on all them that dwell on the Face of the whole Earth. [M] But as the DAYS of Noe were, fo fhall alfo the CoмING of the SON of MAN be. For as in the Days that were before the Flood, they were eating and drinking, marry. ing, and giving in Marriage, until the Day that Noe entred into the ARK, and knew not until the Flood came and took them all away: So fhall alfo the COMING of the SON of MAN be. Then fhall two be in the Field; the one fhall be taken, and the other left. Two Women fhall be grinding at the Mill; the one fhall be taken, and the other left. [Mr.] Take ye heed [L.] therefore, [Mr.] WATCH and PRAY [L.] always, that ye may be acall counted worthy to escape thefe Things that fhall come to pafs, and to STAND before the Son of Man. [Mr.] For ye KNOW NOT when the Time is, and [M] what Hour your LORD doth come. But know this, that if the good Man of the Houfe had known in what Watch the Thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have fuffered his Houfe to be broken up. Therefore be ye alfo ready for in fuch an Hour as ye THINK NOT, the, Son of Man COMETH. [Mr.]
fhall be revealed by Fire; and the
I Theff. v. 2. For your felves know perfectly, that the DAY of the LORD fo cometh as a Thief in
3. For when they fhall fay, Peace and Safety; then fudden Destruction cometh upon them, as Travail upon a Woman with Child; and they fhall not efcape.
2 Tim. iv. 1. Fefus Chrift fhall JUDGE the Quick and the Dead at his Appearing.
7. I have fought a good Fight, I have finifhed my Courfe, I have kept the Faith.
8. Henceforth there is laid up for me a CROWN of Righteoufnefs, which the Lord, the righteous Judge fhall GIVE me at that DAY: And not to me only, but unto all them alfo that love his Appearing.
Heb. ix. 27. And as it is appointed unto Men once to DIE, but after this the JUDGMENT:
28. So Chrift was once offered to
bear the SINS of many; and unto them that Look for him, fhall he appear the fecond Time, without
SIN, unto SALVATION.
Chap. x. 26. For if we fin WIL FULLY after that we have received the Knowledge of the TRUTH, there remaineth no more Sacrifice for Sins,
27. But a certain fearful looking for of JUDGMENT, and fiery INDIGNATION, which shall devour the Adverfaries.
28. He that defpifed Mofes Law, died without Mercy under two or
29. Of how much forer Punishment, fuppofe ye, fhall he be thought worthy, who hath troden under Foot the SON of GOD, and hath counted the BLOOD of the
COVENANT, wherewith he was fanctified, an UNHOLY Thing, and hath done Despite unto the SPIRIT
30. For we know him that hath
faid, VENGEANCE belongeth unto me, I will recompenfe, faith the Lord. And again, The Lord fhall JUDGE his People.
[Mr.] For the Son of Man is as a Man taking a far Journey, who left his Houfe, and gave Authority to his Servants, and to every his Work, and commanded the Porter to watch. [M.] Who then is a faithful and wife Servant, whom his Lord hath made Ruler over his Houfhold, to give them Meat in due Seafon? Bleffed is that Servant, whom his Lord when he COMETH fhall find fo doing. Verily I fay unto you, that he fhall make him Ruler over all his Goods. But and if that EVIL Servant fhall fay in his Heart, My Lord delayeth his Comand fhall begin to ING; fmite his Fellow - fervants, and to eat and drink with the Drunken. The LORD of that Servant fhall come in a Day when he looketh not for him, and in an Hour that he is not ware of; and fhall cut him afunder, and appoint him his PORTION with the HYPOCRITES: there fhall be WEEPING and gnafhing of Teeth. [Mr.] Watch ye therefore, (for ye know
Chap. iv. 5. Who fhall give AcCOUNT to him that is ready to JUDGE the Quick and the Dead.
6. For, for this Caufe was the Gofpel preached alfo to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to Men in the FLESH, but live according to God in the SPIRIT.
7. But the END of all Things is at hand: Be ye therefore fuber, and watch unto Prayer.
17. For the Time is COME, that
JUDGMENT muft begin at the Houfe of God: And if it firit begin at us, what fhall the END be of them that obey not the Gofpel of God?
18. And if the Righteous fcarcely be SAVED, where fhall the UNGODLY and the SINNER appear? 2 Pet. ii. 4 For if God SPARED not the Angels that finned, but cast them down to Hell, and delivered them into Chains of Darkness, to
be referved unto JUDGMENT.
not when the Master of the House COMETH, at Even, or
9. The Lord knoweth how to deliver the GODLY out of Tempat Midnight, or at the Cock-tations, and to referve the UNJUST unto the DAY of JUDGMENT to be punished.
Chap. iii. 3. Knowing this first, that there fhall come in the LAST DAYS Scoffers, walking after their own LUSTS,
4. And faying, Where is the PROMISE of his COMING? For fince the Fathers fell asleep, all Things
31. It is a fearful Thing to fall into the Hands of the LIVING
1 Pet. i. 7. That the TRIAL of
your FAITH being much more precious than of Gold that perifheth, though it be tried with Fire, might be found unto Praife, and Honour, and Glory at the Appearing of 3Sus Chrift.
13. Wherefore gird up the Loins of your Mind, be fuber, and HOPE to the End, for the GRACE that is brought unto you at the Revelation of Jefus Chrift.
17. And if ye call on the Father, who without refpect of Pertons judgeth according to every Man's Work, pats the Time of your fojourning here in Fear.
crowing, or in the Morning) left coming fuddenly, he find you fleeping. And what I fay unto you, I fay unto all, WATCH.