« AnteriorContinuar »
me, through Jesus Christ our Lord ; in the fullest Sense of whose Words, I pray to be heard for myself, and all Mankind.
Our Father, &c.
'Though these three Prayers are all 'that are particularly provided for the Use 'of Servants, yet it is hoped, they will not 'look upon fhemselves excused from using 'others; but that when they have Leisure 'and Opportunity, they will make Use of 'some of the Morning and Evening Prayers 'for private Persons, as well as some of the 'other Prayers for the intermediate Times 'of the Day.'
Ejaculations on several Occasions.
JlEis of Adoration and Vraise.
1. "D LESS the Lord, O my Soul; O Lord, "^ my God, thou art become exceeding
glorious, thou art cloathed with Honour
2. O Lord, how manifold are thy Works,
in Wisdom hast thou made them all; the
Earth is full of thy Riches!
3. To the only wise God, oar Savioursbe Glory, and Majesty, Dominion, and" Power, both now and ever* Amen.
4. Be thou exalted, Lord, in thine ownStrength, so will we sing and prarse thy Power.
5. Blessing and Honour, Glory and Power, Thanksgiving and Praise, be unto. him that sitteth upon the Throne, and to-, the Lamb for ever and ever;
6. Praise the Lord,,0 my Soul, and alL that is within me praise his holy Name: Praise the Lord, O my Soul, and forgetnot all his Benesits.
7. G magnify the Lord otr God, and fall down before his Footstool: for he is Holy.
8. Blessed be the God and Father of out. Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his" abundant Mercy, hath begotten us again , unto a lively Hope.of an Inheritance, incorruptible and undesiled, that fadeth not: away."
9. Thy Righteousness, O God, is very high: Great Things, Q Lord, are they which thou hast done: O God, who is like, unto thee!
dels of Contrition, with Petitions for Pardon and Grace, that we may reform and amend ow Lives..
Remember not the Sins and Offences of my Youth, but according to thy Mercy think thou upon me.
2. For thy Name's Sake, O Lord, be merciful unto my Sin, for it is great.
3. Enter not into Judgment with thy Servant, O Lord, for in thy Sight (hall no *Man living be justisied.
4. Have Mercy upon me, O God, after thy great Goodness; according to the Multitude of thy Mercies, do away mine Offences.
5. Who can tell how oft he offendeth? O cleanse thou me from my secret Faults.
6. Order my Steps in thy Word, and let not any Iniquity have Dominion overme.
7. Shew me thy Ways, O. Lord, and teach me thy Paths..
8. Pity, O Lord, the present Frailty of thy Servant, and suffer not my Blindness to lead me into Ruin.
9. Suffer not my Frailties to become a Custom, lest I die impenitent and perish without Recovery*
10. O thou great Physician of Souls, eure me of all my sinful Distempers, and six me in an even and constant Holiness.
11. Imprint on my Mind this important Truth ; that the Pleasures of Siu are short and momentary, but the Pain and Torment eternal; and, that the best that can follow is a bitter Repentance.
12. O Almighty Lord God, mortify and kill all Vices in me; and so strengthen me with thy Grace, that by the Innocence of my Life, and the Constancy of my Faith, I may glorify thy great and holy Name.
13. Grant me the true Circumcision of the iSpirit, that my Heart and all my Members being mortisied from all worldly and carnal Lusts, I may in all Things obey thy blessed Will.
14. Grant that I being regenerate and made thy Child by Adoption and Grace, may daily be renewed by thy Holy Spirit, till I come to the Measure of the Stature of the Fulness of. Christ, unto a perfect Man.
15. Enable me to love my Enemies, and to do good to those that hate me, and pray sonthem that despitefully use me, and persecute me, in Obedience to the Command,
and and in Imitation of the Example of my great Lord and Master Christ Jesus.
Occasional Ejaculations for our Advancement and Improvement in a Christian Life.
1. OET a, Watch O Lord, be/ore -my ^ Mouth, and keep the Door of my Lips.
2. O let not mine Heart be inclined to any evil Thing; let me not be occupied in ungodly Works.
3. O hold thou up my Goings in thy Paths, that my Footsteps slip not.
. 4. Cause me to know the Way wherein I should walk, for I lift up my Soul unto thee.
5. Make thou thy Servant to delight in that which is good.
6. Grant that all carnal Affections may die in me, and that all Things belonging to the Spirit may live and grow in me.
7. Deliver me, O Lord, from the Occasions of Sin, and the Importunities of such as delight in Folly. Deliver me from the Snare of enticing Company, and the dangerous Infection of ill Example.