« AnteriorContinuar »
14. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed 2 and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher ? 15. And how shall they preach, except they be sent as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things
17. So then, faith
cometh by hearing, and preach to all Nations; for tho’ hearing by the word Men's Repentance and Conversion of God. do not always proportionably follow this our preaching; yet without it there could be no converting of Men at his - 18. In
* See Rom. ix. 33. Aft; ii. 16.
the Beauty", Harmony and Regularity of the Heavens and the Stars, Psal. xix. 4. It is gone out into all Lands, and even as a Voice unto the Ends of the World.
so Deut. xxxii. 21.) telling them, That upon their ob/?inate Infidelity, God would vex and provoke them by taking the very Gentiles for his Church in their Stead.
* Ver. 18. Their Sound is gone out. In the Hebrew it is, top,
16. Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.
to be his Church and People in their Stead, as a most
12. Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles: how much more their fulness *
12. A most happy and wise Proceeding for the Benefit of all Mankind For if such a considerable Part of the Gentile World are, and will be brought to the Christian Religion, by our leaving that Nation, and preaching to
them, how much more will the World flow into it,