« AnteriorContinuar »
THE MORNING LIGHT IS BREAKING. 7s & 6s.
2. Rich dews of grace come o'er us, In many a gen-tle shower,
The Wisdom of redeeming Time. 1. God of eternity! from thee
Did infant time his being draw:
3. Then the great work we have to do, 3. With it the thoughtless sons of men,
Let us with all our might pursue;
Before the rapid stream are borne
4. Yet while the shore on either side
To know the price of every hour,
Fain would I sound it
2. What e'er my noblest power can wish In thee doth richly meet, #32 2
4. I'll speak the honors of thy name
out so loud, That earth and heaven might hear.
God our Portion.
1. In vain the erring world inquires
Not to mine eyes is light so dear, Nor friendship half so sweet.
3. Thy grace still dwells upon my heart, 12. Not all the good which earth bestows And sheds its fragrance there;
The noblest balm of all its wounds,
Can fill the craving mind;
3. Begone, ye gilded vanities,
4. To thee, my God, my soul aspires;