« AnteriorContinuar »
1 There is no peace, saith the Lord, unto the wicked. But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.
· The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity : but a wounded spirit who can bear?
* They that are in the flesh cannot please God. If ye forsake the Lord, he will cast you off for ever : he will love you no more. God is angry with the wicked every day : the foolish shall not stand in his sight. He hateth all workers of iniquity.
* The Lord is far from the wicked. Their iniquities have separated between them and their God; and their sins have hid his face from them, that he will not hear. And woe unto them, saith the Lord, when I depart from them.
5 As the wicked do not like to retain God in their knowledge, God giveth them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient. For this cause also God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie; that they all may be damned that believe not the truth, but have pleasure in unrighteousness.
6 The wicked are reserved to the day of destruction; they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath. They shall be turned into hell, where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched; but the wrath of God abideth on them.
Behold the day cometh, when the Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them
1 Isa. xlviii. 22. Isa. Ivii. 20. 2 Prov. xviii. 14. viri. 8. 1 Chron. xxviii. 9. Hosea ix. 15. Psal. vii. 11. Psal. v. 5. 4 Prov. xv. 29. Isa. lix. 2. Hosea ix. 12.
5 Rom. i. 28. 2 Thess. ii 11, 12.
6 Job xxi. 30. Psal. ix. 17. Mark ix. 44. John iii. 36.
7 Mal. iv. 1. Matt. xiii. 41, 15
which do iniquity : and shall cast them into a furnace of fire; there shall be wailing and guashing of teeth.
1 In that day shall the Lord Jesus be revealed from heaven, with his mighty angels, in flaming fire, taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: who shall be punished with everlasting destruction, from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power.
2 Behold the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among men of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
3 The day of the Lord cometh with wrath and fierce anger; and he will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity. He will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and he will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible; neither shall any strengthen himself in the iniquity of his life. The day of the wicked shall come, when their iniquity shall have no end : and the Lord shall take from them their strength, the joy of their glory, the desire of their eyes, and that whereupon they set their minds. Horror also shall cover them, and shame shall be upon all faces; and pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them.
* And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
1 2 Thess. i. 10. 7, 8, 9. Ezek. vii. 13. Ezek. xxi. 29.
And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, shall say to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of Him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: for the great day of his wrath is come, and who shall be able to stand ?
? Then the unbelieving and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and idolators, and liars, and whosoever is not found written in the book of life, shall be cast into the lake of fire : where they shall be tormented with fire and brimstone; and they have no rest day nor night; and the smoke of their torment ascendeth for ever and
· Now consider this, ye that forget God : lest judgment and justice take hold on you, and there be nene to deliver : for it is a fearful thing to fall in the hands of the living God.
Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth, and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thy heart, and in the sight of thine eyes; but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee to judgment.
5 Hear now this, thou that art given to pleasures, that dwellest carelessly; thou that hast trusted in thy wickedness, and hast said, None seeth me. Evil shall come upon thee, thou shalt not know from whence it ariseth; and mischief shall fall upon thee, thou shalt not be able to put it off.
Go to now, ye rich men, who have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; who by fraud have kept back the hire of the labourers,
1 Rev. vi. 15, 16, 17,
2 Rev. xxi. 8. Rev. xx. 15. Rev. xiv. 10, 11.
3 Psal. I. 22. Job xxxvj. 17. Psal. I. 22. Heb. 4 Eccles. xi. 9. 5 Isa. xlvii. 8. 10, 11.
6 James v. l. 5. 4. 6. 1, 2, 3. 5.
and have condemned the just: weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. Your riches are corrupted; your gold and silver is cankered, and the rust of them shall be a witness against you: ye have heaped treasure together for the last day; ye have nourished your hearts as in a day of slaughter.
* Hear the word of the Lord, ye scornful men: because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement. When the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us; for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves. Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it. Now therefore be ye not mockers, lest your bands be made strong
2 Thinkest thou this, O man, that dost such things as are worthy of death, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? Despise not the forbearance and long-suffering of God; but let his goodness lead thee to repentance; otherwise thou treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath, and revelation of the righteous judgment of God.
3 Behold the day, behold it is come; the day of trouble is near. The Lord will shortly pour out his fury upon thee, and accomplish his anger upon thee: and he will judge thee according to thy ways, and will recompense thee for all thine abominations.
* Let now the astrologers, the star-gazers, the
Rom. i. 32.
1 Isa. xxviii. 14, 15, 16. 18. 22.
2 Rom. ii. 3. Rom. ii. 3, 4, 5.
3 | Ezek. vii. 10. 7. 8.
monthly prognosticators stand up, and save thee from those things that shall come upon thee. Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame.
* All the sinners shall die, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us, destruction cometh, and they shall seek peace, and there shall be none. He that fleeth of them shall not flee away; and he that escapeth of them shall not be delivered.
Their silver and their gold shall not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the Lord. And then they shall know that God is the Lord, and that he hath not said in vain, That he would do this evil unto them.
Let us therefore lay these things to our heart, and remember, That the pleasures of sin are but for a season, and that it will be bitterness in the latter end. And what is a man profited, if he should gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
The day of the Lord is great and very terrible; and who can abide it? Who among us can dwell with the devouring fire? Who amongst us can dwell with everlasting burnings? Therefore also now, saith the Lord, Turn unto the Lord your God; for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.
1 Amos ix. 10. Ezek. vii. 25. Amos ix. 1.
2 Ezek. vii. 19. Ezek. vi, 10.
| Isa. xlvii. 7. Heb. xi. 25. | 2 Sam. ï. 26. Matt. xvi. 26.
4 Joel ii. 11. Isa. xxxiii. 14. Joel ii. 12, 13.