« AnteriorContinuar »
Of the Divinity of our Saviour. fhadowed them: and behold, the POWER and COMING of our 9 witneffes of his MAJESTY. Lord Jefus Chrift, but were Eye
a VOICE out of the Cloud, which faid, This is my BELOVED SON, in whom I am well pleafed; hear ye him. 6. And when the Difciples heard it, they fell on their Face, and were fore afraid. 7. And Jefus came and touched them, and faid, Arife, and be not afraid.
17. For he received from God the Father HONOUR and GLORY, when there came fuch a Voice to him from the EXCELLENT GLO
Ry, This is my BELOVED SON, in whom I am well pleafed.
18. And this Voice which came from Heaven, we heard, when we
were with him in the holy Mount.
8. And when they had lift up their Eyes, they faw no Man, fave Jefus only.
9. And as they came down from the Mountain, Fefus charged them, faying, Tell the Vifion to no Man, until the Son of Man be RISEN again from the Dead.
7. After the High Prieft and Council of the Jews had determined to kill him.
John xii. 20. And there were certain Greeks among them, that came up to worship at the Feast:
21. The fame came therefore to Philip, and defired him, faying, Sir, we would fee Jesus.
22. Philip cometh and telleth Andrew; and again, Andrew and Philip told Jefus.
23. And Jefus anfwered them, faying, The Hour is come, that the Son of Man fhould be GLORIFIED.
28. Father, glorify thy Name. Then came there a Voice from Heaven, faying, I have both GLORIFIED it, and will GLORIFY it again.
29. The People therefore that food by, and heard it, faid that it thundred: others faid, An Angel fpake to him. 30. Jefus anfwered and faid, This Voice came not becaufe of me, but for your fakes.
31. Now is the Judgment of this World; now fhall the Prince of this World be caft out.
32. And I, if I be lifted up from the Earth, will draw all Men unto me.
8. At his Death.
Matt. xxvii. 45. Now from the fixth Hour there was Darkness over all the Land unto the ninth H our.
50. Fefus, when he had cried again with a loud Voice, yielded up the Ghost.
51. And behold, the Vail of the Temple was rent in twain from the Top to the Bottom; and the Earth did quake, and the Rocks rent,
52. And the Graves were opened, and many Bodies of Saints which flept, arofe,
53. And came out of the Graves after his Refurrection, and went into the holy City, and appeared unto many.
54. Now when the Centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jefus, faw the Earthquake, and thofe Things that were done, they feared greatly, faying, Truly this was the SON OF GOD.
9. By the Angels that made known his Refurrection.
Luke xxiv. 4. And it came to pafs, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two Men flood by them in fhining Garments.
5. And as they were afraid, and bowed down their Faces to the Earth, they faid unto them, Why feek Living among the Dead?
6. He is not here, but is RISEN Remember how he fpake unto you when he yet in Galilee,
7. Saying, The Son of Man must be delivered into the Hands of finful Men, and be crucified, and the third Day RISE again.
Rom. i. 1. Paul a Servant of Je
fus Chrift, called to be an Apostle, feparated unto the Gofpel of Gon,
2. (Which he promised afore by his Prophets in the Holy Scriptures)
3. Concerning his SON Jefus Chrift OUR LORD, which was made of the Seed of David according to
4. And declared to be the SON OF GOD with PoOWER, according to
8. And they remembred the Spirit of Holiness, by the REhis Words.
SURRECTION from the Dead.
10. Chrift appears to his Difciples upon the Mount before his Afcenfion, where they worship him.
Matt. xxviii. 16. Then the eleven Difciples went away into Galilee, into a Mountain where Jefus had appointed
17. And when they faw him, they worshipped him; but fome doubicd.
18. And Jefus came and fpake unto them, faying, ALL POWER is given unto me in Heaven and in Earth.
19. Go ye therefore and teach all Nations, baptizing them in the Name of the FATHER, and of the Son, and of the HOLY GHOST:
20. Teaching them to obferve all Things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you alway, even unto the End of the World. Amen.
11. Two Angels appear in human Shape to the Apofiles, at our Saviour's Afcenfion.
Ats i. 10. And while they looked ftedfaftly toward Heaven, as he went up, behold, two Men ftood by them in white Apparel;
II. Which alfo faid, Ye Men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into Heaven? This fame Jefus which is taken up from you into Heaven, fhall fo come, in like manner as ye have feen him go into Heaven.
III. Our SAVIOUR himself, upon many Occafions and Disputes with the Scribes and Pharifees, avows his DEITY, and that he was the MESSIAH they fo long expected.
1. Upon the healing the Impotent Man at the Pool of Bethesda.
V. 17.7ESUS anfwered them, My Father worketh hi
18. Therefore the Jews fought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the Sabbath, but said also, that God was his FATHER, making himself EQUAL with GOD.
19. Then anfwered Jefus, Whatfoever Things the FATHER doth, thefe alfo doth the Son likewife.
21. For as the Father RAISETH up the DEAD, and QUICKNETH them ; even fo the Son QUICKNETH whom he will.
John viii. 24. I faid therefore unto you, that ye fhall die in your Sins: for if ye believe not that I am HE, fhall die in your Sins.
28. Then faid Jefus unto them, When ye have lift up the Son of Man, then fhall ye know that I am HE, and that I do nothing of my felf; but as my FATHER hath taught me, I fpeak these Things.
38. I fpeak that which I have feen with my FATHER: and ye do that which ye have feen with your Father. 51. Verily, verily I fay unto you, If a Man keep my Saying, he fhall never fee DEATH.
53. The Jews faid, Art thou greater than our Father Abraham, which is dead?
56. Fefus anfwered, Your Father Abraham rejoiced to fee my Day; and he faw it, and was glad.
57. Then faid the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty Years old, and haft thou feen Abraham?
58. Jefus faid unto them, Verily, verily I fay unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. Chap. xiii. 19. Now I tell you before it come, that when it is come to pass, ye may BELIEVE that I AM HE.
Exod. iii. 14. I am that I am.
Ifai. xliii. 10. Ye are my WITNESSES, faith the Lord, and my
Servant whom I have chofen : that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I AM HE: Before me there was no God formed, neither fhall there be after me.
12. I have declared, and have faved, and I have fhewed, when there was no ftrange God among you: therefore ye are my Witnesses, faith the Lord, that I AM GOD.
2. Our Saviour avows his DEITY before the High Priest.
Matt. xxvi. 63. But Jefus held his Peace. And the High Prieft answered and faid unto him, I adjure thee by the Living GOD, that thou tell us, whether thou be the Chrift the Son of GOD.
64. Jefus faith unto him, Thou haft faid: Nevertheless I fay unto you, Hereafter fhall ye fee the Son of MAN fitting on the RIGHT HAND of POWER, and coming in the Clouds of Heaven.
65. Then the High Prieft rent his Cloaths, faying, He hath fpoken Blafphemy; what further need have we of Witnees? behold, now ye have heard his Blafphemy. 66. What think ye? They answered and faid, He is guilty of Death.
John xix. 6. When the Chief Priests therefore and Officers faw him, they cried out, faying, Crucify him, crucify him. Pilate faith unto them, Take ye him, and crucify him; for I find no Fault in him.
7. The Jews answered him, We have a Law, and by our Law he ought to die, because he made himself the SON of GOD.
Luke xxii. 66. And as foon as it was Day, the Elders of the People, and the Chief Priests and the Scribes came together, and led him into their Council,
67. Saying, Art thou the Christ? tell us. And he faid unto them, If I tell you, you will not believe.
68. And if I alfo afk you, you will not anfwer me, nor let me go.
69. Hereafter fhall ye fee the SON of MAN fit on the right Hand of the POWER of GOD.
70. Then faid they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And he faid unto them, Ye fay that I am.
71. And they faid, What need we any further Witness? for we our felves have heard of his own Mouth.